Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 pm 

I read an e-mail i got from Tim (Mac) today, saying the list was up to 10 so far. I responded with 11 but was wondering who else feels like showing up for the best "Fun-Match" of the year. What is the count up to now?
Last chance to get in on the summer season this year so, ... BE THERE !!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:31 pm 

Looks like we will need a lot of chilli and Italian bread for this one. Count sits at 24 already, with more to hear from.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:41 pm 

Mac wrote:
Looks like we will need a lot of chilli and Italian bread for this one. Count sits at 24 already, with more to hear from.

Great to hear!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm 

when is it gonna be and where? love to join....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:42 pm 

bang45 wrote:
when is it gonna be and where? love to join....

You should definately come out!!! it will be athe Port Colborne Field target Club, November 5th...Someone will have to post a link as i don't have one for the club right now

Hope to see you there with your new swivel-plate :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:37 pm 

Put these coordinates, with copy and paste, in Google and it should be right at the driveway for the club.

42º54’39.12” N 79º09’27.75 W

Google will sometimes cut the W off at the end, so just add it with a space at the end and hit search.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm 

looking forward to see you there jgoodz..still waiting for the swivel though..but i'll be there even without it cuz ur there! hahaha!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 pm 

Hey everyone,

I'm 90% sure I'll be there... Just the way things have been going with work and Family commitments (Should say Wife's commitments!), just not 100% sure :(

Hope to see you all!

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:30 pm 

IT'S JUST AROUND THE CORNER --- The FUDD ! or is it The FUDD IV - ???
... Anyhow, Hunter Division for all participants so don't forget to wear the appropriate attire, like a Fudd-Cap if you can find one. :lol:
Be there or be square. It's always a great "Fun-Shoot" to cap off a season of F.T. at Port Colborne.

It was fun to catch up with some FT regulars at the Waterdown show. I posted a couple of pics of a sweet door prize I won there in the Events section.
It was nice to see you there NIGHTHAWK, along with the young'un, er, your daughter. Hope you can make it out to the FUDD !!!
Nice to see all Y'all else I chatted with too.

So WHAT is the count up to now, I wonder ?
- Tim ? ?
- any news ? ?
Anybody else ? ?

- Just-Curious .... As we ALL are !

............................................................................. See Ya At The FUDD.......................................................................................

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:14 pm 

Hey PK

Things are going very well for the Fudd. We have 31 shooters confirmed or probable for the match and I have not even sent out the final notice yet, which I will do late this week.

We also have split the piston guns and gas guns into two separate classes. We already have eight shooters in the piston class. This is something we could continue in regular matches if we continue to see enough people using piston guns for Hunter Division.

We also have four juniors so far and may end up with one or two more.

Looks like I am going to need seven or eight gallon of chili and lots of Italian bread.

This is always a great time and I am really looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:36 pm 

Tim is there an open sites class?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:28 pm 

topher1266 wrote:
Tim is there an open sites class?

There isn't right now, but if we have three people wanting to shoot that way, we can create a class with an award or awards, depending on how many end up shooting in that class.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 pm 

i'll be there even though it's my first time and don't know what class am i gonna be..just want to play with the big boys thats all...see yah there!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 pm 

WOW :shock: Over 30 shooters. That's SWEEEEEET ! :supz:
Thanx 4 that interesting update, Tim; & bring on the Big Cans of STAG Chili !!! (always sticks to the ribs & warms ya up on a day out in the bush & who knows? - maybe save petrol on the way home by "lightening my load" via natural gas, buoying my vehicle up like say, The Hindenburg.)
:oops: :wink: :roll:

Hey Topher. Just so you know, there is NO reason at all that you can't bring out an open-sight rig of ANY type and shoot it as long as it meets the basic criteria or that of some other class, like Hunter.
The Fudd is a fun-match, - usually ALL hunter in past, although there are scores, you really challenge yourself at a match like this and get out for some fun social interaction with other airgun shooters.
I once watched a guy shoot an entire match STANDING to challenge himself, & another time, I shot with a newbie (as I was, -ish,) & he stuck to it with an "under-500" rig on a 30 + troyer rated F.T. course and got a respectable first personal score.

So DON'T hold back folks, if you,ve got one, bring it. Shoot. Have fun. Meet folks. The Fudd is open to ALL !

It's downright " Rascawwy."

I hope the attendance keeps rising for all our events, it's great to see interest in this sport growing finally in CANADA !!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm 

Hey, Bang45, you posted while i was one-finger typing out my last reply but I have to say welcome; & you are guaranteed- gonna have a blast at the match. I think @ 21-22 people has been the most I've seen so far. I can see the logistics adding up for the organizers, they may need to add a couple more cans of Chili. 8) :D