Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Alberta Field Target
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 pm 

Interesting times ahead I'm thinkin! :D

Darryl...got ya covered...the "paintball challenge" has a backing of 2x material further backed up by 1/4" steel plate.

Al

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:16 am 

Hello guys

Let me first introduce myself here....

I'm Robbie Stewart, and we arrived in Calgary (from South Africa) about 7 weeks ago.

I've been shooting FT in South Africa for around 2 1/2 years now, and I was fortunate enough to be chosen as one of the 8-member SA Team to compete at the FT World Champs in Italy this past September. (BTW, the SA Team finished overall 2nd out of the 24+ Countries that attended) :)

I was also fortunate enough to have attended the past 3 years World FT Champs (2009 in South Africa, 2010 in Hungary and 2011 in Italy).

Anyway, I am missing my FT shooting a lot, and would like to get involved too. I know George pretty well from the past 3 World Champs, and met with George and his sister about 2 weeks ago at BassPro in Calgary.

I had to sell all my FT guns in SA just before coming to Canada, and I will soon probably buy a new rifle again, so I would love to be able to shoot with you guys in Alberta.

Sorry if this is against the "rules here" - I'm not trying to sell anything on here, but for what it's worth, I was the sole SA agent for Walther and Hammerli, and also distributed Steyr, Anschutz, Tesro and a few other brands of airrifles (FT as well as 10m rifles) and I was also the sole SA agent for the incredible FALCON T50 FT riflescopes. I have the opportunity to get involved in selling these in Canada as well, so if anyone has a need for any of these items, let me know so I can gauge the demand, and maybe put together some really decent pricing....

My contact e-mail is robert@shootingwarehouse.com

Hope to meet some of you guys early in 2012 at a shoot (once I have some gear again). :)

Cheers

Robbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:18 pm 

globalstar66 wrote:
Hello guys

Let me first introduce myself here....

I'm Robbie Stewart, and we arrived in Calgary (from South Africa) about 7 weeks ago.

I've been shooting FT in South Africa for around 2 1/2 years now, and I was fortunate enough to be chosen as one of the 8-member SA Team to compete at the FT World Champs in Italy this past September. (BTW, the SA Team finished overall 2nd out of the 24+ Countries that attended) :)

I was also fortunate enough to have attended the past 3 years World FT Champs (2009 in South Africa, 2010 in Hungary and 2011 in Italy).

Anyway, I am missing my FT shooting a lot, and would like to get involved too. I know George pretty well from the past 3 World Champs, and met with George and his sister about 2 weeks ago at BassPro in Calgary.

I had to sell all my FT guns in SA just before coming to Canada, and I will soon probably buy a new rifle again, so I would love to be able to shoot with you guys in Alberta.

Sorry if this is against the "rules here" - I'm not trying to sell anything on here, but for what it's worth, I was the sole SA agent for Walther and Hammerli, and also distributed Steyr, Anschutz, Tesro and a few other brands of airrifles (FT as well as 10m rifles) and I was also the sole SA agent for the incredible FALCON T50 FT riflescopes. I have the opportunity to get involved in selling these in Canada as well, so if anyone has a need for any of these items, let me know so I can gauge the demand, and maybe put together some really decent pricing....

My contact e-mail is robert@shootingwarehouse.com

Hope to meet some of you guys early in 2012 at a shoot (once I have some gear again). :)

Cheers

Robbie

Welcome aboard Robbie.

You will have a hoot here. It's a great country and the dudes on this forum are brilliant.

Cheers

Dave :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:09 pm 

Hi Robbie, glad you joined here as well. Seems like FT is taking off big time in Canada. Fortunately for me FT started gaining ground here a few months before I moved to Canada, thanks to BCGunner. I'm part of the West Coast FT Club now, and you should get involved in Calgary. Maybe soon we can have an Alberta/BC match, so we can shoot together again like we used to in SA!

BTW, I decided to keep my STEYR.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:51 pm 

Great to see you join here Robbie

Having an experienced shooter like yourself in Alberta is a real bonus for the folks interested in FT. Enthusiasm and expertise is a great formula for success.

I have talked with George and Barbara and I know they are both excited about FT in Alberta and also quite determined to make it happen.

It seems like we have reached the point where Ft in Canada is starting to catch on as a way for air gun enthusiasts to get together and share their hobby.

I look forward to more news from the west and really enjoy the reports on the shooting events that occur. Of course, pictures always add to the enjoyment of any report.

Please keep us posted on things as they unfold.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 pm 

Dave and Tim, thanks for the warm welcome. I registered on here in Feb already, when we kind of started our move to Canada - just haven't done anything on here until now.

I look forward to get to know you guys here, and I hope to be able to add some kind of value.

Deon my old friend, a BC/AB shoot will be awesome. :) Just like old times. I sold all my guns just before coming here.

Anton (Jokerman) bought my Anschutz, and sold it on to Tiaan I see.... Kane bought my new Steyr, and KGB (Johan vd Linde) took my Walther.

I will place an order for a new Steyr once I get my PAL - hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks.

Will let you know how things progress.

Cheers for now.

Robbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:35 pm 

Hi Robbie,

Great to have you on here. I'm Chris, and shoot in southern Ontario. George told me about you, and so happy you can be here to encourage and assist during the building stages of FT in your area of Canada. Same with Deon...welcome. You will be a huge asset to those in BC.

I think the Falcon T50 will be a go to for the dedicated FT guys here in Canada. I want to buy one, or two, and I know of a few others that would as well. SWFA in the US sells them, and Frontier Firearms in Canada. Frontier does not stock them, but told me they could order it in. If you get in with Falcon, let me know. I am excited to see some of the next model changes, changes we should see next year.

Get that PAL, and your Steyr, and lets grow FT!

globalstar66 wrote:
Dave and Tim, thanks for the warm welcome. I registered on here in Feb already, when we kind of started our move to Canada - just haven't done anything on here until now.

I look forward to get to know you guys here, and I hope to be able to add some kind of value.

Deon my old friend, a BC/AB shoot will be awesome. :) Just like old times. I sold all my guns just before coming here.

Anton (Jokerman) bought my Anschutz, and sold it on to Tiaan I see.... Kane bought my new Steyr, and KGB (Johan vd Linde) took my Walther.

I will place an order for a new Steyr once I get my PAL - hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks.

Will let you know how things progress.

Cheers for now.

Robbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:51 am 

CJN wrote:
so happy you can be here to encourage and assist during the building stages of FT in your area of Canada. Same with Deon...welcome. You will be a huge asset to those in BC.

I'm very happy and fortunate to be here (Canada, and the forum), and like Robbie, I've shot FT for about 3 years competitively, first with an Air Arms S400, then an Air Arms EV2 and finally with a Steyr LG100, which I still have. Unlike Robbie, I never made the national team, but I know the theory! So I (and I'm 100% sure Robbie too) will assist in growing FT in Canada, starting here in BC. I would love to see representation from all the provinces in the Canadian nationals, and eventually a full Canadian FT team participating at the Worlds. I already have a plan in the back of my head to go to the 2012 worlds (if it is held in Germany) as a privateer. I just need to get more trigger time!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:11 am 

I for one would love to get into field target summer 2012.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:38 am 

Hi Robbie,

Looks like you need to get your guns and PAL in order sooner than later! When you are up for the drive we would love to have you and your family for a visit in Hanna. We can use that opportunity to toss around a few ideas for a FT range and get in a little shooting. I'm thinking you will want a place to sight in all of your new guns! :)

Barb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 pm 

CJN wrote:
I think the Falcon T50 will be a go to for the dedicated FT guys here in Canada. I want to buy one, or two, and I know of a few others that would as well. SWFA in the US sells them, and Frontier Firearms in Canada. Frontier does not stock them, but told me they could order it in. If you get in with Falcon, let me know. I am excited to see some of the next model changes, changes we should see next year.

Hi Chris

Thanks for the welcome.

I was the SA distributor for Falcon Optics, and Nick Watts (the owner of Falcon) asked me yesterday if I would want to distribute them in Canada.

If you guys want some, let me know who/how many, and I could certainly see what decent price I could put together.

They are really nice scopes. I had the first 8 in SA ever produced (serial # 001 to 008) :)

Cheers

Robbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:20 pm 

Old Van wrote:
CJN wrote:
I already have a plan in the back of my head to go to the 2012 worlds (if it is held in Germany) as a privateer. I just need to get more trigger time!

Hi Deon

Sadly, 2012 Worlds is in NORWAY. They will have a limited number of participants, as they have serious space constraint. They have decided to have 2 matches a day - half of the field in the morning, and half in the afternoon.

i have my doubts about this plan, as it will not put all participants on the same "level playing field" as changes in weather will make it unfair. UNLESS they squad the top 50% together, and the bottom 50% together somehow - maybe using past performances in Worlds as a measure.

I will contact Andy Kays - he's arranging it, as he lives in Norway.

Ciao

Robbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:34 pm 

Here's the info for World's 2012 in Norway:

Info now available here http://www.freewebs.com/nftac/wftfworlds2012.htm Q&A's either via shooting-the-breeze.com or dominator(at)online.no

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:59 pm 

Stay tuned for updates to that site and the format of the match.

Also, I believe every space is already taken for the match.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:24 pm 

globalstar66 wrote:
Hi Deon

Sadly, 2012 Worlds is in NORWAY. They will have a limited number of participants, as they have serious space constraint. They have decided to have 2 matches a day - half of the field in the morning, and half in the afternoon.

Robbie

Ok, I was talking to Steffen who was under the impression (a week ago) that it was still a toss-up between Germany and New Zealand. Oh, well, maybe 2013 then. It will give me more time to practice, and by then I should have my Canadian Citizenship, so maybe I can try out for the Canadian national team. :lol: :lol: :lol: