Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Field Targets
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:05 pm 

Hi Guys

I like to know where I can purchase good Field targets.
I know Parker makes them, but it seems like his setup to make his targets are not ready for any production.

So if you guys know of any field targets that are for sale please let me know.

I would like to get some really really bad

Thanks for any input

Biagio

Post subject: Re: Field Targets
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:24 pm 

I get mine from D&L Airgun
They have paper and spinner targets
Look under Gamo targets

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:31 pm 

If you have not already done so, buy a number of the Gamo squirrels. Almost every match I have been in, regardless of what level, have had a number of these targets in the match. They are relatively cheap, and work well.

So you have asked Parker, and he has none to sell you? His targets work great, and the build quality are super heavy. Planto buy his at some point.

Without a doubt, if I were in your position, I would contact Airgun Source and buy one of each of the Air Arms Knockdown targets they sell. Their price is awesome. You can also add a Gamo or two to the order if you don't have them already.
- http://airgunsource.com/store/index.php?c=117

If you want to head to head state side, you need to check out these two options as well. Both awesome target makers.
- http://www.yeguatargetcompany.com/
- http://fieldtargets.com/index.htm

There you have it. All the best options within reach. Now start buying.

Biagio26 wrote:
Hi Guys

I like to know where I can purchase good Field target
I know Parker makes them, but it seems like his setup to make his targets are not ready for any production.

So if you guys know of any field targets that are for sale please let me know.

I would like to get some really really bad

Thanks for any input

Biagio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:40 pm 

Also remember, as much "fun" as reactive targets such as spinners are to shoot....if you have the ability, and plan to host FT matches into the future, and establish a club, money spent on REAL Field Targets is a very wise use of your money. Field Targets are what people around the world shoot at their organized matches. It allows people to get used to feel and system of shooting and pulling paddle targets. Just a thought. We use spinners and paper targets on the range to verify our guns before the match, but once in the match, its true Field Targets all the way. That is the norm around the world.

Of course concessions need to be made early on during the establishment of clubs or fun shoots, until the funds flow to allow purchase of targets. And we all would rather see people shooting at whatever target they can afford at first, as long as they are shooting. But just a reminder when money is being spent...Field Targets are the target of this sport.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:14 pm 

Thanks fo the tips
I already have more than a dozen Gamo FT targets, unfortunately they take a bit of a beating. I like to buy targets that are more robust. I have a few metalic silhouette targets that I can somehow convert to an FT target by making a hole in the center and hooking them up to the Gamo targets somehow.

I also have a bunch of 3gauge steel plates, but I don't have any way to cut a hole in them, they will fit the gamo set perfectly.

I can also buy good quality targets, But where?

Reason why we need more targets are we only have 5 lanes for our fun shoot thus far, we like to have more lanes, so the guys who come out can have a little more fun and variation.

If anyone knows where I can buy good quality targets for not more than 2 arms & legs PLEASE PLEASE let me know

Thanks allot guys

Biagio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:44 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

As others have already stated. When it comes to targets Parker101's are by far the bestest bang for the buck. 8) 8) Hard too believe that he is out of stock? If you would like to check out the quality of his workmanship, I have a few of his Custom Field Targets here that you can have a look at.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:28 pm 

You have more than a dozen Gamo targets already, really? What do you find to be taking a beating on them?

I have given you the options that are out there, at least the best ones. So unfortunately you may have to spend a single arm and leg for them. We all did. And if you want them sooner than later, likely you will need to deal with AGS, or Dick Otten (After Hours Rhino Target) in the US, at least until Parker is ready.

Generally the US targets are going for around $60 each. Shipping is going to be expensive though, but even high from Ontario if you buy from Parker. Parkers are as heavy as any out there, and possibly if he can go light on the paint work, he can work you out a great deal when he is up and ready. The Rhino targets are the most "polished" construction. Second to none (at least that I have seen).

Are you not interested in the targets from Airgun Source? At least that will add a few more different ones, and the price is fair.

Biagio26 wrote:
Thanks fo the tips
I already have more than a dozen Gamo FT targets, unfortunately they take a bit of a beating. I like to buy targets that are more robust. I have a few metalic silhouette targets that I can somehow convert to an FT target by making a hole in the center and hooking them up to the Gamo targets somehow.

I also have a bunch of 3gauge steel plates, but I don't have any way to cut a hole in them, they will fit the gamo set perfectly.

I can also buy good quality targets, But where?

Reason why we need more targets are we only have 5 lanes for our fun shoot thus far, we like to have more lanes, so the guys who come out can have a little more fun and variation.

If anyone knows where I can buy good quality targets for not more than 2 arms & legs PLEASE PLEASE let me know

Thanks allot guys

Biagio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:45 pm 

I purchased one of Parker's targets at the recent airgun show, and he had plenty there ready for sale.
Have you sent him a PM?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 pm 

ditto, Pumpmaster. For the quality of construction they are first rate. If there is a problem with parker101's targets,it is the paint jobs he does, they are works of art and it is almost a sin to miss the kill zone and mess the paint.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:03 pm 

The Air Arms targets are now sold out. I ordered the last ten yesterday morning from AirgunSource.com and they arrived this morning!

Woohoo, the next FT shoot in Ottawa will have multiple lanes with proper targets! :)

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:03 pm 

Hi Pumpmaster
I've sent him PM's and he does not even reply to me

Maybe he doen't want to sell to me, since I'm a green horn.

I'll send him a cheque of $500 right now if he is able to send some targets my way

I'm not sure what is going on but I'm in some serious need of good quality targets.

I've been looking on the internet at some of the targets they have for sale in the States.

I've even found some targets that you can set up with the Gamo target face plate.

They sell for $9.50ea from Quality Targets

Thanks for all the tips guys

I'm not sure if I should wait or buy what-ever I can get now.

:axe:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:48 pm 

dhb wrote:
The Air Arms targets are now sold out. I ordered the last ten yesterday morning from AirgunSource.com and they arrived this morning!

Woohoo, the next FT shoot in Ottawa will have multiple lanes with proper targets! :)

Woohoo!

Alecto .22
HB22 .22
Norica mod.56 .177

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:45 pm 

I'm going to pick up some of the Gamo targets from Amazon the next time I'm in the states - only $23:
http://www.amazon.com/Gamo-Squirrel-Tar ... 873&sr=8-1

Fieldtargets.com makes tough replacement faces for the Gamo's at 3 for $40.

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 pm 

Even better DHB
You can order them from Amazon and get them sent up to Blaine. I get all my stuff through Hagens of Blaine. They let me know when it arrives, and I go whenever I have a chance; declare it at the border, and 99% of the time I go thrue no worries.

Biagio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:53 pm 

The Gamo ones are alright? They can be modified to be a bit more durable.