Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Fudd Reminder
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:23 am 

Hello all

It is that time of year again, with the all Hunter match schedules for next Saturday, November 5th. Time will be the same as all of our regular matches this year, with the gates opening at 8:00AM, sight-in starting at approximately 9:30AM, shooter's meeting will be at 10:40AM this time and the match will start at 11:00AM. These times will be enforced more closely this time due to the number of participants expected.

We already have 32 shooters on the committed or probable list, with a few more maybes yet to confirm. We will have 17 lanes with two targets in each, with 15 regular freestyle lanes, one standing lane and one kneeling lane. The total number of shots will be 68, making the match out of 136. I was out checking the course on Friday afternoon and it is in very good shape.

So far, there are 19 registered for PCP, eight for piston and five juniors. The junior class could increase by a few.

The first nine lanes will be shot before the break and the remaining eight lanes after the break. The break is there so folks can fill their guns, use the washroom and grab something to eat if they choose. Try to limit your break to 15 minutes maximum to be back on the course. The chili is for after the match is completed, so please bring your own snack for the break.

I was finally able to get the chili last night and purchased eight gallons. As usual, there will also be Italian bread with butter, dessert and hot drinks provided.

With the number of awards needed and the meal cost, the match fee will be $25 for adults and $10 for juniors. Meals for non participants will be $5.

If you are sure you have already emailed me about attending, do not feel obligated to do so again. If your status was in doubt or you have not contacted me, please try to do so by Tuesday evening or first thing Wednesday morning at the latest. I have to order the awards by Wednesday morning due to the number I will be requesting. Please let me know if you will be shooting in PCP, piston or junior class.

Since all classes are under the Hunter Division, the rules can be found by following the link below.

topic22569.html

See you next Saturday at the Fudd. I wonder what hat Rob has for this year.

Tim

Post subject: Re: Fudd Reminder
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:38 pm 

An appropriate Fudd-Cap, Tim. :P

See Y'all there.
Cheers :drinkers:

Post subject: Re: Fudd Reminder
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:24 am 

Hello to all.

Just some last minute info;

The weather forecast is great for tomorrow. The high here will probably be only about 9 degrees, so especially those coming from the GTA area, do not dress according to the 13 or 14 degree forecast from your area. It will probably only be about 5 degrees at 11:00AM when the match starts, so keep that in mind when you are choosing what to wear. Layers is the order of the day.

The course is in great condition and quite dry. I was out there yesterday and wore running shoes with no problems.

We will have hot water for hot chocolate throughout the day. If you bring your thermos type mugs, it will stay warmer for you and you will not forget which one is yours, especially if you put a piece of tape on it with your name. I imagine there will be a bunch of Timmy mugs.

Since the match fee is $25 for adults, if you bring a five with you, that will help. Angie, my wife, will be there from 9:30 to 10:30AM to collect the match fee.

Lastly, please try to be there in time to take sight-in shots if you intend to do so. The sight-in range will close at 10:40AM, so we can have the shooters meeting and be out on the course to start the match by 11:00AM. We have in excess of 30 shooters, so we will have a lot of hungry folks when this match ends.

See you in the morning.