Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 pm 

I had an enjoyable day at the Port Club. Lots of regulars & newcomers to meet and chat with, sun shinin', frost on the pumpkin, fresh-air kinda day really helps break the routine of "the daily grind."
This is a couple times I've shot with Nighthawk Tony now and enjoyed the company. Good to shoot with you guy, you will see a little footage of a couple knockdowns you made and a half decent still pic of you in the following clip. Maybe see you at a pistol match soon ?
Thanks out to everybody involved with setting up yet another wonderful event, volunteers included. Let's see more events like this spread across our fine country. ( Go West Coast !)

O.K. Here's a tube-link to six minutes of FUDD! It's all I could get that was decent to view while shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYIBKR90i0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:08 am 

Hey There Powerkeg (Rob),

Thanks for the great video! It was a great day of shooting with great weather and company!

See you next month at the Pistol Match!

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:13 am 

Great work Rob! And Tony, you are too nice...I would have told those two in the background to shut their yaps while you shot :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:13 pm 

windbag wrote:
Great work Rob! And Tony, you are too nice...I would have told those two in the background to shut their yaps while you shot :wink:

Hi Windbag! :lol:

I have learned to ingore all distractions in the background and focus on my main goal... Get'r knock down!! :wink:

Hope to see you at the Pistol match in December!

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:46 pm 

I'm more than a little envious at the Ontario crowd - looks like you had a great shoot! And pretty nice weather for it, by the looks of things!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:31 pm 

Thanks for your replies, guys.
I'm with Nighthawk on (TRYING) to ignore ambient distractions and concentrate. Especially at a fun-match, but at the same time I try to always observe simple range etiquette and be quiet while others shoot. I also learned to time photos till after a person shoots in case the flash goes auto on me. I've noticed at the Nationals that sometimes all you can hear are gunshots & the sound of the timers. :wink:
Hi Moltogordo, the weather co-operated, the shoot was a hoot, but that's not all to envy about F.T. matches. There's the great bunch of folks that attend. Such a varied group with many interests from different walks-of-life all gathered for an enjoyable day out shooting.
One day there will be RC helicopters flying before a match, or an electric RC Biplane over the parking lot performing barrel-rolls, climbing spirals, & tailspins, like, after the FUDD IV, and more gear & story swapping than you can imagine. It's just a pleasurable experience overall; as a matter of fact; I had a problem with a recent airgun purchase and took it along to the match to seek advice and confirmation of my diagnosis. Who better than Supermatic to go to ? Huh? His generous advice got my NEW 357 working again. I can't put a price on that. The people are the best.

I intended to post this vid in either the general-airgun or guns/gear sections, but it is just too relevant to what I'm saying to NOT post it here first. So, based on SUPERMATIC's advice, given freely at the FUDD, maybe a helpful vid for anyone with the same problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8Dvj5-UGc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:44 pm 

Yeah! The more I've investigated the more it seems that it's the place to be. Great company and surroundings, a good competition - it sounds quite a bit like the atmosphere at a 3D Archery shoot, which I used to participate in.

I'm going to do my first shoot in June with the BC coast guys. I'm going down in June for business and concerts, and will be out at Mission to meet the guys and get involved. Looking forward to it.

This is my busy time of year, with concerts and prep for the Christmas season, so I've done no further investigating for a Prince George FT - but all of my initial overtures were met with positive vibes, so we'll see something here next summer, regardless. My AA 400 account is up to $500 now, so I should be fondling a new toy in January or so. Then at least, I'll be able to lose in style! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:28 pm 

Belated reply :
You will NOT lose at all, MoltoGordo, if you get a chance to attend one of the earliest West-Coast matches !
What a treat ! :mrgreen:
Just b-cuz a few die-hard individuals from Ontario stubbornly refused to see F.T. shunted aside during the negative onslaught of the "registry" and subsequent anti-gun-anything feeling that followed, and STILL maintained the root movement that is "The C.A.F.T.A. doesn't mean that Ontario has to be the epicenter of F.T. in Canada, & it's great to see anybody get involved and interested in this enjoyable sporting activity. Any positive input stemming from interest in any other part of our Country has to be pretty satisfying to hear to that core group. I almost wish I was there for those lean times. Things are just starting to fledge for this sport in some ways, & it's even fun for a newbie like me to be in on it all.

So, MG, Have Fun. If you can do that, then score 1 for F.T. in Canada.
8)