Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:01 am 

Hi guys,
I am new to the forum but wanted to pass on the great service I got from PyramydAir.
Ordered 2 Gamo Squirrel Targets and 2 Gamo 6pc. Face Plate packages late Friday the 25th.
FedEx dropped off yesterday afternoon at 15:30. Considering it was Thanksgiving and all, well...
Total cost including shipping $91.84.
Oh yeah I live out in the country in eastern Ontario.

Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:59 am 

If they used UPS to get them to you that quickly don't be surprised to get a bill from UPS for brokerage fee's!! I'm also thinking of picking some of those up, the ones I've used so far seem to be good quality.

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:41 am 
Supporting Member 2009

They are for sale right here in Ontario by Travis at http://www.airgunsource.com here is a Link directly to that page.

They are on sale right now too. Travis or Kurt is hopefully going to attend the Christmas match on December 10th at Port Colborne, so perhaps he'd be willing to bring along some orders to save on shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:59 am 

grunt wrote:
FedEx dropped off yesterday...

Your Fedex brokerage bill is gonna be dropped off in a few days :roll:
Avoid UPS and Fedex with items coming across the border.
Any money you may have saved on the purchase will be eaten up with their fees.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:08 pm 

Geez,

A couple of points,

On Friday when I ordered, Air Gun Source (where I am a customer by the way) did not have the targets on sale.
So the difference at that time was $163.37 -$91.84....
You do the math.............................OK I will $71.53.
I am not going to do a 6-8 hour round trip to save on shipping just for a couple of targets, for something more substantial perhaps.
FedEx will not be sending me a bill as Pyramyd Air includes the brokerage fee in the shipping cost, hmmmm, I do remember saying total cost.
I may or may not get a bill from Canada Customs/Revenue Canada for the $10.62 HST on $81.70, the total before shipping, but most probably not
as they quite often don't bother with anything under a $100 in value.
So............I was just pointing out that I was pleasantly surprised at how quick the targets got here and was hoping that the info
could be helpfull with the start up of field target here in Eastern Ontario.

Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I didn't mean to offend Grunt - I'm all about receiving good value too, and if an item is reasonably less expensive in the USA for the 'all in' cost, then I too buy the item from there.

I was just tying to offer some additional options for anyone thinking of also purchasing targets - as Field Target is growing in Canada, more and more people will want/need targets. I own a bunch from a few different manufactures, and I've always loved the Gamo Squirrel target, but when it's 'in close' and is shot with 19fpe rigs, the face place wears out. Dick's replacement takes care of this, for a pretty good price too.

Also, you're right in knowing that 'another bill' is not going to arrive - FedEx doesn't work that way, if you owe them $$, they don't drop off the item then ask for the $$ later, they hold the item until you pay the bill. Same goes with Canadian Customs - you never receive a bill in the mail after the item has arrived.

Hope to see you at a Field Target match one of these days!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:40 pm 

pirellip wrote:
They are for sale right here in Ontario by Travis at http://www.airgunsource.com here is a Link directly to that page...

That's a very competitive price, I'm picking some up from Amazon when I'm in the states at Christmas and this is just a couple of bucks over Amazon's price. If I didn't already have four sitting at my folks place, I'd order some from Travis. The last time I ordered targets from him they showed up the next day!

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:27 am 

My last purchase using FedEx from the US included a brokerage fee bill that arrived about a week after the package was left on my doorstep.
This may not happen in all instances, but there was no indication the bill was following when I received the package.
Companies on the US side are generally unaware of the additional brokerage fees tacked on after the item crosses the border, and I can only assume most have no intentions of paying this additional fee for you.
Hope that's not the case in this instance, sounds like the OP is very content with his transaction.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:58 am 

Hi pirellip,

No offence was taken, I can be a little sarcastic at times.
I have "stuff" shipped to me all the time (even my coffee), mostly because I am frugal (cheap)
and too busy (lazy) to bother to drive more than I have to.

The most unfortunate part for the businesses on this side of the border is the screwing on the
shipping costs that they have to deal with.

For example on the deal in question
- from Ohio to my door $19.13
- from 3 hours away---$27.83

I am hoping to make it to some field target matches soon,
may not be able to shoot as have a few issues but I can bring coffee and donuts.

Grunt