Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:17 pm 

Its only short, I was busy shooting but for what its worth here it is! be sure to change from 360p to 1080p and watch full screen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIyoKH5wl6o&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:27 pm 

Nice... makes me want to get out again for some shooting! 8)
What gun was that at the very start?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:31 pm 

I cant honestly remember what the gun is but the stock is a Gin-b from the Philippines, and the scope is a Schmidt and Bender.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 pm 

Ugh I'm even more bummed that I missed the match now that I see there's snow on the ground in the Port!
That's always one of my favorite matches of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:38 pm 

I really admire you guys, I don't think I have the dedication to sit out in the cold like that.
I REALLY HATE cold weather. I already miss the warm weather even if we're just at the freezing point right now here.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:02 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Here are a few more pics from Saturday's Fun match. :-) ... http://youtu.be/JKm1yoBXifA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 pm 

Thanks very much for posting the video and pics.

It was a real nice winter day and I was impressed by all who showed up to shoot in the snow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:12 pm 

We had a great day in Port at the Christmas match. There were 17 shooters, lots of snow and nice brisk winds. The sun shone the whole time, the temperature was in the -3 and -4C range and the winds were blowing at about 30 KPH. It was a typical December day with about four to six inches of snow on the ground. Most were dressed well and had layers of clothing, but I think there were some cold fingers and toes.

The format was to shoot any style you like, within the accepted CAFTA divisions, and you could win bragging rights if you were the top shooter in the division you chose. So we saw some of the regular guns folks use, but we also saw some that have been stored away for some time. We used hunter scoring for everyone, no matter what division was chosen, so for the 50 shot match the top score possible was 100. There were eight lanes with three targets per lane and then the ninth lane had just one target that was designed to fall if it was hit anywhere on the face. It was placed at 44 yards and had to be shot offhand. The snow in the hinge did not help the function of that target, so we awarded the two points if the face was hit. All other targets functioned perfectly.

Scores were not of great importance at this match so I will only mention the very best score of the day shot by Ted (Canshooter), a 96/100. Some good shooting with a sub 12 ft/lb gun.

After the shooting we had the gift exchange and the draw for the door prizes. Eight folks brought gifts for the exchange and names were drawn to determine the order for choosing a gift.

Air Gun Source donated the door prizes. They were going to attend the match and set up a couple of tables, but found they already had a prior commitment for the day. So they sent the prizes along with my order of field targets. In the box I found a PPK blowback pistol and a Tactical lane box. I thought that was very generous and opened the lane box to see what it was like. Didn’t I find an Air Arm sweatshirt in there and also an Air Arms Zeroing Target. I was very impressed and grateful for the support they showed for our match and the sport of field target. It made for some real happy campers, including myself as Tom’s young son pulled my name out first, allowing me to walk away with the PPK.

The clean up was quick and 17 we were off to the Reeb House just after 2:30PM for a meal together. Although some of the orders were mixed up or delayed, everyone enjoyed the food once the received it. After enjoying each other’s company for an hour and a half, we said our good byes and wished each other a Merry Christmas.

Certainly one of the highlights to my day was seeing Tom’s son play in the first snow of the season. All around us, the cities were still green, but Port had a snow day all of Friday. So the drive must have become much more interesting when everything turned white just a few kilometers away from the club.

A green Christmas match is like a green Christmas; it just doesn’t seem right. This match seemed right.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:36 pm 

A couple of pics.

Friday Afternoon

At Reeb House after the match

Other end of table

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 am 
Admin-2-IC

thanks for posting nice vids and nice pics ...........
I wish I was there .......... gotta work ...... damn ....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:34 pm 

Hi everyone,

Definitely missed out on a good day of shooting! But unfortunately I had to work last Saturday... :cry

Hope to see everyone on the next planned matches for 2012!

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 pm 

Hey Canshooter,
It may have been short, but sweet production given all the circumstances between match & vid. Nice work.
I missed the match too for family reasons but just now enjoyed catching your vid & seeing the pics Mac included in the thread also. These contributions only help to generate interest in a challenging, healthy & GROWING sport.
Keep up the good work Guys.
I hope to get out sometime soon but not sure.
Till then, cheers !