Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:18 pm 

Shins wrote:
frustrating hey?

maybe kids need insurance to play outside.

after all, they might damage something.

or you never know, i might ride my bicycle into the side of a ferrari, better get million dollar insurance. There is literally probably the same chance of that happening in the fraiser valley.

carelessness can cause damage in SO MANY ways its not even funny. hunters are the least of our worries.

/rant

Actually they do require insurance.

When I was a kid my brother managed to put a chip in the neighbor's living room window with a BB pistol and our parent's home insurance paid for the replacement. I suppose if I do the same thing I'll have to pay for another window.

LOL, when summer eventually gets here I'm really going to have my neighbors concerned if I set up my Chrony, a few targets and my complete arsenal of airguns. Maybe I should speak to them first to calm their fears.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:38 pm 

SureShot wrote:
Shins wrote:
frustrating hey?

maybe kids need insurance to play outside.

after all, they might damage something.

or you never know, i might ride my bicycle into the side of a ferrari, better get million dollar insurance. There is literally probably the same chance of that happening in the fraiser valley.

carelessness can cause damage in SO MANY ways its not even funny. hunters are the least of our worries.

/rant

Actually they do require insurance.

When I was a kid my brother managed to put a chip in the neighbor's living room window with a BB pistol and our parent's home insurance paid for the replacement. I suppose if I do the same thing I'll have to pay for another window.

LOL, when summer eventually gets here I'm really going to have my neighbors concerned if I set up my Chrony, a few targets and my complete arsenal of airguns. Maybe I should speak to them first to calm their fears.

you mean you live out of the city? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:12 pm 

Many gun clubs provide liability insurance for members when they are engaged in LEGAL fishing or hunting/shooting. for example, the local R&G club's liability insurance for EACH of it's 950 members is $3,000,000.00. For the Executive members like me, it is $5,000,000.00.
If an accident happens at the range, ALL of the executive will be sued in a civil suit, thus, the extra insurance for the executive - the club opened in 1946 and there has NEVER been an accident requiring the 'club's' insurance to pay anything. Nice to have it though.

Note - Insurance covers LEGAL activities only - if you live within a municipality, there might (probably is) be a firearms discharge ban within the boundaries of that municipality.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:56 pm 

hannahastings wrote:
if you want to learn all the basic rules and exceptions, follow http://edit-it.org/blog/past-simple-basic-rules-and-exceptions

You realize this is a 5 year old thread eh...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:18 pm 

Sonic wrote:
hannahastings wrote:
if you want to learn all the basic rules and exceptions, follow http://edit-it.org/blog/past-simple-basic-rules-and-exceptions

You realize this is a 5 year old thread eh...

Spam bots don't care.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:37 pm 

LOL - didn't notice the date.

What is a spam-bot?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:09 pm 

I think they are computer programs that just post nonsense, like above. Usually trying to lure people to a site as a consumer.

Most sites don't accept them, you know when you have to type the fuzzy or blurred letters and numbers to enter certain sites, well those bots can't do that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 pm 

Its gone banned removed kick deleted and burned ..................Spam-bot...................................