Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: RWS 850 Airmagnum
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:24 pm 

Is anyone else enjoying one of these? I aquired one on the weekend and can`t put it down. In .177 with a 3x9 Bushnell at 10M [bipod] it`s giving 8 shot strings 1/8-3.16in c/c consitantly. Blows me away. Hell, blows my HW-97K away. All the good stuff I have heard about this gun x 10. Can`t wait to go outside and let it stretch.

Post subject: Re: RWS 850 Airmagnum
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:28 am 

I have one in .22 caliber and i use it quite alot, and for sure it is a real fun rifle!
The only thing i can say about pellets, is that it has problems loading crosman's HP
JSB and RWS ones are fine, they are smooth to load and makes it a pleasure to shoot!
Quality made but the stock feels cheap but dont let it tamper on your decision for a fun all day plinker.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 pm 

Until I saw this post, I have not even considered this rifle, then checked it out on the net. It is an inexpensive, highly accurate repeater PCP. I'm only shooting in my basement, maybe someday I'll get lucky and find a place in the country to shoot, but for my needs now it would be perfect. This is one gun I am considering getting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 am 

The 850 is a CO2 rifle, not a PCP.... although for about the same price as the rifle you can convert it to HPA.... In addition to a tank and regulator, it requires modifications to the valve, an adapter, a different hammer spring and guide, and the porting to work properly on high pressure air.... However, correctly done, it's an accurate powerhouse.... I had one that gave 68 shots at 32 FPE per fill on an 18 CI tank....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 pm 

Mine is in .177 and it is great bang for the buck. The only challenge I had with it was when we were shooting FT when the temperature was fluctuating a lot: it was sunny, then snowing, then sunny again. Not a surprise for a CO2 gun. It was lucky I hit anything at all.
I was getting 680 fps with 8.44 grain JSBs. at 15C. Mine is totally stock.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:39 pm 

A few little mods found on the 850 resource web site and it will be even sweeter.