Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:33 pm 

You read it right. At tonight's monthly club meeting it was finally approved. There was some discussion and it was a bit heated but nothing adults couldn't handle. I thought it went well. I put the motion in to vote on the approval and use of the outdoor Airgun Field Target range. Seconded by George Wagner (former owner of The Bow Shop Waterloo) George Harde also presented (wasn't a member of the club... yet) well with concerns that the executive had. It was unanimous! The club members have spoken.

I want to say a special "Thank You" to Tom Peretti who with myself tried to get this going just after it got closed. He worked very hard on this and was forced to walk away from it. Glad I got to be part of it with Tom in the past.... and would love to work with him again.

Also thank you to Tim who worked tirelessly to get the CFO approval of Airgun Field Target guidelines. Without this we would not be shooting FT in Ontario.

Only Change is the name and where the range is located on the property. It will be Elmira and District Rod and Gun club Airgun Field Target. Same as the archery, rifle, shotgun, and everything else at the club. The club needs to be cohesive and one. The location is along the bush side of the 200 Metre rifle range. It is with the archery 3d range and the archery Field Target range. We hope to make use of lanes for archery in conjunction with airgun.

One last thing. I am working on getting my students to make permanent field targets (11 of them) that will be left out at the club. So all club members have to do is show up and shoot them with their airguns. I hope that will encourage more club members to practice and get involved in Airgun Field Target.

Happy shooting...

Chris Priester

live each day as if it were your last...learn as if you would live forever

Carbon Express arrows The Bow Shop, Waterloo. http://www.bow-shop.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 am 

Thanks for the info, Chris

Congratulations to you and George as well as all that supported FT at Elmira.

Will be talking to George soon I am sure. A couple of dates for this season would be great just to get things going again.

I look forward to hearing more news as plans solidify.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:06 am 

Great news Chris!!

Thank you for dedicating so much time and heart to see the return of Airgun Field Target to Elmira RGC. I am very happy to hear you and George had the support you did, and I think your idea of leaving a course of targets permanently set up is a brilliant idea. With that option, and the way Airgun Field Target has been forced into the limelight there, I can see it taking off in Elmira. More people than we would expect either own or are interested in quality airguns. What's not to like :-).

Thanks again, and I look forward to shooting there again soon.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 pm 

I should add that the CFO has approved in principal the field target airgun range. There are a couple of items that need to be addressed but nothing daunting at all.

1. We need a posted detailed map of course/lanes.
2. Range "in use"sign at the entrance.
3. Baracade on other end of course as it's an archery walk through course also.
4. Permanent shooting positions so the CFO knows exactly where the shooting will take place from.

That pretty much covers it.

I am looking forward to help George Harde and anyone else that needs it to get this started and finished.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:25 pm 

Good news indeed for argun enthusiasts at the Elmira club & F.T in southern Ontario after all.

I shot my own first match and also Canada's first Hunter Division match against one other competitor in that division under CAFTA rules and was hooked ever since. I shot my first Winter/Christmas match there too and thoroughly enjoyed that. So I'm happy to hear that things are working out there, and look forward to re-visiting the Elmira club & shooting there again.

Good worx.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:05 pm 

Great news!
I always enjoyed shooting matches in Elmira.
Congrats to all involved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:21 pm 

araz2114 wrote:
George Harde also presented (wasn't a member of the club... yet) well with concerns that the executive had.
Chris Priester

Just so you know, George Harde has been a member at Elmira R&GC since the mid 90s. He was one of the original guys who started the sport of field target in Canada. He has not attended the club that much in the last couple of years because he could not shoot his airguns there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:36 am 

Yes George has been a driving force in airgun at the club for a long time. What I meant in my post was that I put the motion in as George wasn't a member at the time of the meeting. If your passion is air gun field target why spend the money on a membership at a club that didn't have it or promote it. Now that air gun field target is back George will (or already has) renewed his membership.

I look forward to working with George and anyone else interested in shooting at Elmira.

Chris Priester

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Congrats fellows! .. 8)

Not only did I miss shooting FT at Elmira, but also missed those great meals served at The Crossroads Family Restaurant... :mrgreen:

Bring on the Games!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 pm 

Way to go buddy!!! I meant to text ya and ask u how that went!!! Now i just gotta get this Disco shooting right and we can have some fun up your way!!'
Bill :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Great news .... congrats ......

I haven't been there for so long .......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:02 am 

Couldn't be happier for you guys that it's finally coming back together for you all.

Parker we out west hope to see some follow up pics of the shoots.

Shoot Straight LMAO

Whitewolf