Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: WCFTC Meet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:40 pm 

Hey all. Just a quick heads up for the shoot on the 29th of this month at the Mission gun club. We'll meet at the old archery range ( as long as it's not raining and if it is, we'll meet at the archery shed), set up a bunch of targets and have at'er 8) . How about a quicky run for pistols this time around? See you all there.

Post subject: Re: WCFTC Meet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:16 pm 

I don't know what a pistol 'quicky run' might be, but my brother and I are looking for a place to go pistol plinking with our kids this coming Sunday, April 24th. It's starting to look like this FT event is maybe our only option, and I get the feeling it's not going to be a whole lot appropriate for a few kids to have their first time air pistol experience at. Or am I wrong? If there's any sort of scheduling or procedure (aside from basic safety stuff, obviously) involved then it's definitely no, as we just want to shoot some cans and paper targets for a couple of hours outside somewhere. I've read in an ancient thread here that up 'behind the dam' at Stave Lake might be okay... but no idea if that's still relevant these days. Anything more descriptive of this FT gathering would be helpful, as the threads I've seen so far are decidedly cryptic and seem more focused on joking around, Hawai'i, and BBQ than on details. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dang. More than ever I'm missing the time I had as a kid here in Vancouver, with a Daisy underlever 300 shot repeater BB rifle. I wandered all over down by the river and in my neighbourhood near Fraser & Marine, and was never questioned about the gun, just had a heck of a summer before I turned 8. Kelowna for the next few years was about the same, shooting in the woods out by Highway 97 or even in our back yard in a few places in town. But these days, dang, it's starting to feel like I'm a criminal for having an air pistol hobby.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:13 pm 

Hi Maurits
I 'll be there this Sunday.
Bring out a few targets

My AA S400 is not working so good. There is something in the barrel, I can't make out what it is. It looks like a cleaning swab or something like that. Maybe I need a new barrel, hope not!

Oh Gerrard
The shoot is all fun, no seriousness about it, come and meet everyone, you'll have a blast of a day. As you go through the gates make a sharp right hand turn, go past the home trailer and you'll see us

Biagio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:24 pm 

I'll be there. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:33 pm 

Hi, guys. I know I say this alot, but if I'm not working I'll be there!

I became a member of the club on Sunday -- just waiting now for my creds in the mail.

I'm definately going on a little trip to the dark side now that I have a place to shoot.

.22RF first (that sillouette looks like fun) and I think I read something about .22 bench rest.

After that, who knows, maybe .223 or what the heck, .338LAP !!! Ha Ha

See ya soon. :D ...Curt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:59 pm 

So do we need a membership in the club to shoot there on Sunday? And are there going to be firearms in use while we're there? If the answer to either or both is yes, then my question stands; where else is there to shoot pellet guns outside in the Lower Mainland? I don't think it'd be appropriate to buy a membership to a remote (for us here in Vancouver) club (especially since I don't drive) and neither I nor my brother is keen on bringing our kids to places where actual bullets are being fired.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:25 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

GerardSamija wrote:
So do we need a membership in the club to shoot there on Sunday? And are there going to be firearms in use while we're there? If the answer to either or both is yes, then my question stands; where else is there to shoot pellet guns outside in the Lower Mainland? I don't think it'd be appropriate to buy a membership to a remote (for us here in Vancouver) club (especially since I don't drive) and neither I nor my brother is keen on bringing our kids to places where actual bullets are being fired.

No you don't need a membership as long as you are with the FT shooters. And yes. As it is the Mission Rifle Range after all. A very large property. There will be firearms in use. :wink: But all the powderburning is done in highly regulated shooting areas, quite a ways from where we are shooting our Airguns. And believe me when I say, we would not be where we shoot, nor allowed to be where we shoot AG's, if there was ever even the remotest possibility or chance of interacting with the powderburners. Very difficult to describe the setting. It must really be seen to be fully appreciated. 8) Never know, unless you check it out for yourself at least once. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:14 pm 

Ah, so no .22"s shooting alongside air, cool. I'll see if I can get my brother's interest on board for a more organised shoot. He was resistant to the idea this past Sunday but if no other options turn up it might just be the only chance he gets any time soon to try out his new Tempest. And he's itching to do that. I'm kinda curious to see how well I can shoot my Pardini over longer ranges too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
Ah, so no .22"s shooting alongside air, cool. I'll see if I can get my brother's interest on board for a more organised shoot. He was resistant to the idea this past Sunday but if no other options turn up it might just be the only chance he gets any time soon to try out his new Tempest. And he's itching to do that. I'm kinda curious to see how well I can shoot my Pardini over longer ranges too.

Gerard, just come on Sunday. I can almost give you a written guarantee that you'll have an awesome time! And as far as "organized" goes, I think you'll find that we're quite relaxed. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:17 pm 

I'm not gonna make it. We're packing for a move...my favorite thing! :hsmash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 pm 

Hey guys
Sunday will be a beautifull sunny day.
Come out to have some airgunning fun. If you are worried about the powder burners, don't be worries at all. The property is over 50acres and densly wooded too.
Where we shoot FT you might see an archer before you see a powder burner. And the archers are nice quiet people so no worries.

Just come out to have fun shooting your favorite airgun
You will have a blast and can't wait for the next time.

I know, I can't wait all this time, for Sunday.
That's why I go out every weekend practising for Silhouette and after I'm done I go and practise FT at the archery range.

Hope to see all you guys out there, Sunday

Biagio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:48 pm 

Allow me to appologize for muddying the pristine waters of our monthly FT shoot. :oops: :lol: I was just so chuffed about finally having a place to shoot the LOUD ones! Please come out and enjoy yourselves on Sunday, there is no risk of a bullet or a (SHOTGUN) pellet hitting you in the :butthead: Everyone has a great time there, and it is very challenging, too.... you'll have a great time, it's worth the drive, as long as you're not... um.... working! :D ...Curt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 pm 

so much fun I'll do the 5hr round trip :lol: well worth it
see you there

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:37 pm 

@#$%^&*aarrgh I am soo pi$$ed. I have to work. :evil: :( Oh well, I'll get to whack a few flyin' rats on the weekend. One of these days I'll make it out there again...Curt.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:19 pm 

Biagio, it seems I have one more Gamo target than I showed up with :D ..kelly