Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: WCFTC Meet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:45 am 

Thanks all for the warm encouragement. As it turned out my brother really didn't want a gang around us for his two boys' first-ever shooting day, so he drove us all up the road about half way to Stave Lake and we just picked a spot where some logging happened years ago. Millions of shotgun shells, brass casings, you name it all over the place. Quite a mess really, with bits of neon-orange clay pigeon, beer cans, spray bombs, hubcaps, whatever people have been shooting at all full of holes or blown to bits. We were relatively removed from other shooting areas but did hear a fair bit of banging going on. Had a great afternoon shooting Lifesavers, shotgun shells, pop cans and paper targets. Lifesavers REALLY blow up REAL GOOD! They were easily the most fun out to about 40 feet. Beyond that we used un-blown-up clay pigeons and cans and 10 metre paper targets. Found our maximum effective range for accurate plinking to be about 30 yards with the Baikal 46m and the Pardini K10.

It was a hoot, and we marvelled at how each of our kids came up with bizarre stances and ways to hold the too-large pistols and then proceed to whack whatever they aimed at without apparently trying very hard. My boy, he'll be 6 this June, took his first outdoor shot at a bullet box styrene liner from about 10 feet and hit that easily, so I set up a red shotgun shell about 20 feet away and he made that one fly about 6 feet back on his first try. Had us all wondering how flukey a kid could get, until he hit a pop can right after. Then he got bored and went to play in a big puddle with his 7 year old cousin, gathering dozens of shells and filling them with muddy water to set up a 'water store' and whatever storyline went with that. Guess it'll be a couple of years before those two really get interested in shooting. My favourite game was looking at my brother, guessing which Lifesaver he was aiming at, then blasting it just before he could pull the trigger. He learned enough within a couple of hours to start doing the same back to me, so a fair enough game. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 am 

Had a good time on Sunday, good to meet the faces behind the names. A little slow on the take off today, good thing its a day off. 7 1/2 hr round trip kind of knocks me down now days. Hope to get to end of May meet too. It was a nice day, didn't look good when I got to Hope. Much, much better at Mission. Thanks again.
Keith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:29 am 

41 mag wrote:
Had a good time on Sunday, good to meet the faces behind the names. A little slow on the take off today, good thing its a day off. 7 1/2 hr round trip kind of knocks me down now days. Hope to get to end of May meet too. It was a nice day, didn't look good when I got to Hope. Much, much better at Mission. Thanks again.
Keith

It was nice meeting you Keith. I didn't realize you had to drive so far!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 am 

Hey, I would try the P.G. shoot too, but its about 8 hrs. one way. anyway hopefully the end of May.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:50 pm 

Hey Biagio, where's the pics and video??? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 am 

picked up a gamo mts 1000 will bring it to the next shoot we may kill it quick :lol: :lol: