Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crosman match question
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:58 pm 

Ok, I'm thinking of heading down to the match on the Crosman grounds in july and was wondering if there's anything special that has to be done to bring my rifle/ammo to the States. If you have experience with this match any input would be appreciated.

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:36 pm 

Hmmm trying the Marauder and Rogue... airgunner road trip? When is it? Who's with me?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 pm 

It is a full two day FT match with AAFTA (The US FT governing body) rules. Both 60 shot, 15 lane courses are shot just off the edge of gravel roads. One course is in an open field, with lanes cut into the long grass. The other course is across a lawn area and the last few lanes are in a treed area.

It is a very good match, usually attended by 50 or so shooters. All targets are full size kill zone Gamos, so the close ones are quite makable for most. The long ones in the wind are not so easy.

They have lots of items for sale and demos of their products as well. Last year they took us on a tour of the plant on the Friday afternoon. We always arrive Friday AM to do some socializing and shooting. We probably will not take the tour again, but it is well worth it if you have not been through.

You may have to stay at a hotel in or near Rochester because the ones close are probably booked. The drive would be a half hour or less.

Taking pellet guns into the US is easy. If you have proof that they are your guns, there should be no problem. We use the old registration certificates for guns that were registered. We are thinking of getting the green cards of ownership that you can get at Canadian Customs for the gun not registered.

Getting back into Canada should also be pretty easy if you have documentation for your guns.

So far, my buddy and I are the only Canadians committed to attend, so it would be nice to have a few more. Some of ther guys from the area may decide to go, but have not committed to do so.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:31 am 

dHb and I intend to go. We're both from the Ottawa area and we're trying to get FT started here so taking a look how other matches are set up and run is always a good idea. We'll probably get there Friday by 12. A hotel with a 1/2 to 1 hour drive is no problem, I want to stop at the Bass Pro in Auburn anyways!

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 pm 

This is a good match to attend to learn about FT and also pick up some goodies.

Three weeks after will be the Canadian (CAFTA) Nationals which will feature the Canadian way, with the Canadian divisions and classes

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:21 pm 

Too Cool
Please post some pics of the meet
Brian

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:26 pm 

Oh, pics of the competition. Let's just ignore the artist's impression of our room at the Holidy Inn Express... :oops:

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:26 pm 

That picture disturbs me, but are you actually staying at the Holiday Inn Express and if so, which one? Our Hotel has a Holiday Inn Express right in front of it in Victor, NY.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:32 pm 

my god, what am I doing!!!! it took me two months to recover from my trip with dHb to the SHOT show in January. I'm looking forward to the match though.........

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:44 pm 

We're staying at the one in Victor.

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:49 pm 

Hi,
Could someone send the rules for the Crossman match? Max power, use of harness...
regards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:28 pm 

The rules are posted on the match site. They're using the American Field target Association rules which are almost the same as the Canadian rules (but nit identical!). looks like we're in for a fun match!

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:43 pm 

Do many vendors attend?

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:43 pm 

Crosman, that's it.