Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:58 pm 

Well the Airgun show was a success and the idea was tossed around about doing an FT shoot. We know nothing about how these shoots work but we would like to offer our club as a venue to do one.

So someone would need to step in and organize this, find shooters, and get a date lined up.
Most saturdays and sundays are good at the club for such an event.
What kind of fees do shooters usually pay to shoot? What distances?

Discuss it here but if you really want to help out or have some great ideas
please email me too as i may not check this thread all the time
airgunshow@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 pm 

It's not that hard to get started. I spent a $100 on targets and publicized the first casual shoot on various forums. After the first match with six shooters a few more people bought targets and more people came out for the next shoot. We're still in the early stages of getting it going but routinely have a dozen shooters and couple of dozen FT targets at our shoots. All it takes is someone to get the ball rolling.

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:51 pm 

What dhb said is pretty well how all FT venues start. Myself and another shooter basically set up a match at Port Colborne and invited shooters. We started with five and have had 20 to over 30 at matches in the last few years. BC, Alberta and Ottawa all have similar stories with someone taking the lead and things falling into place from there. Airgunners are generally great people that are willing to pitch in once things get going.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 pm 

I would be willing to travel down for a match and even help out as I have several of the Gamo targets.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:02 am 

IanC wrote:
Well the Airgun show was a success and the idea was tossed around about doing an FT shoot. We know nothing about how these shoots work but we would like to offer our club as a venue to do one.

So someone would need to step in and organize this, find shooters, and get a date lined up.
Most saturdays and sundays are good at the club for such an event.
What kind of fees do shooters usually pay to shoot? What distances?

Discuss it here but if you really want to help out or have some great ideas
please email me too as i may not check this thread all the time
airgunshow@gmail.com

Ian if we can establish a date I will come down and bring a bunch of targets and guns. I will bring a copy of the rules for various divisions and do some demonstrations...

I will need about 2-3weeks notice to book off time from work...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:29 am 

I am thinking the 3rd week of July on a saturday
I have a club meeting tomorrow so will bet a confirmed date later this week.
The club has no targets but lots of you have mentioned bringing some with you and i also have a few reactive targets. This will be a fun informal thing
Hell if people wanna shoot anytime and your local send me a pm I go to the club most sundays and saturdays.
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:41 pm 

The Kent Cloverleaf Conservation Club will be holding an informal airgun only Field Target shoot
on Sunday July 15th from 12-4pm
The club has some swing targets as well as owning some myself.
jgoodz420 is good enough to offer some targets to shoot at as well.
This is going to be a fun event and if its just a handfull of guys and gals that show up thats good enough for me!
IanC
Please PM or email for more details PAL and non PAL rated airguns are welcome
airgunshow@gmail.com

http://www.kentcloverleafconservationclub.org/
From the 401 Exit at Communication Rd. Then North towards Chatham. Turn left on Creek Rd. Then left on English Line.

This has been posted in the Airgun events section.