Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:02 pm 

Something you should know, he says he'll repair it, but I'm stuck with shipping everything 2000 miles. ...

I'm having problems with a gun they sent me, we'll see how it turns out.[/b]

I've never had problems with them before, but then again, they've never sent me broken products before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:53 pm 

Sorry to hear about it. Can happen whenever you buy something from a distance from anybody. FWIW many (all??) places have the same policy, even stores: no returns on anything firearm-related. I think it's some legal thing mainly, the store has *no idea* what you may have done with the gun while out of their possession. Not that you would, but it's a potential liability issue anyway.

I suppose you could always ask the seller to open and try the gun before shipping...but then I've read complaints about that too! People will accuse them of selling used or returned merchandise. Can't win it seems.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if CT or Wal-Mart allowed airgun returns, contrary to what I said above, since you can return just about anything there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:00 am 

What kind of gun and what kind of problem? Have you fired the gun.
Are you saying you recieved a brand new broken gun from a retailer and you are paying for it to be fixed?

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/viewtop ... 0878#30878

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:34 pm 

leadhead wrote:
What kind of gun and what kind of problem? Have you fired the gun.
Are you saying you recieved a brand new broken gun from a retailer and you are paying for it to be fixed?

I ordered the crosman 357 gw kit from D&L, the four inch barrel works fine, but when I attatched the 8 inch barrel, I found that it wasn't aligned properly with the clip so it would tear the hell out of the edge of the pellets on one side.

I notified D&L, wanting to send it back, they said "no, we'll send you another barrel" I got the second barrel, and it has the same problem, now I'm supposed to send it back on my own dime for repair, to B.C.

I paid for a gun that works, I think I should either get a refund, or they should be paying to ship the damn kit back to them, after all, I paid to ship it to me in the first place!

But they say NO RETURNS!, something not advertised on the website.

I've recommended D&L in the past, I guess you don't find out about service until you have a problem with merchandise.

I'm still not sure if I'm overreacting, I'll have to see how this all turns out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:31 pm 
Site Moderator

Hi Bobby,

Sometimes it's best to support your local dealers even if prices are slightly more. Many dealers will match prices to keep business and returns are much easier when you can walk into the store. Try GMK Armoury in TBay.
Obviously mail order is necessary for products not available in local shops.

HTH,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:59 pm 
Banned

D and L have had many many dealings with members of this forum ,
they are rated to be among the best dealers to deal with .
I have bought many air rifles from them ...and never a hitch , all reasonable precautions are taken ..they inspect the gun ..and pack concienciously , and dealing with them is a pleasure .
You have to ask yourself ... was this shortcomming a direct result of something John Or Kelly did ? or failed to do ? or is it a generally the quality that the manufacturer churns out that caused the problem ?
And the next question ..once notified what communications and steps
were taken /offered as a possible remedy ?
John has sent you a barrel ... and offered to fix the gun ...he will not make a dime on it The barrel is about $35 ..he is doing this as part of upholding his reputation ...and giveing his customer satisfaction .
On AG'S where QC may be an issue ...best to buy close to home ...somewhere that will allow you to inspect /and return the Ag without any shipping losses to either of you .
Try Buying a HW from Them ... there will be no issues to remedy .
so in fairness QC at crosman can be spotty , john first sent a barrel
then said he will fix it so he is going an extra step ..he could tell you to send it to Crosman under warrantee ..but he considered the realtionship with you goes beyond that ...and tried to help out ( at his own expense)

" I am not sure if I am over reacting "

well if you are not sure ..may be you should be more patient and give the merchant or dealer his/her chance at a remedy ..prior t0 posting on a public forum .That should be reserved when you are absolutely sure that there were many chances at a remedy and there is no doubt that the dealer is in default of dischargeing His duties and there exists no miscomunication .

Regards ,
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:50 pm 

hmmm, i was thinking of getting a 357 gw kit, but now im wondering, what do most people have to say about it?

Post subject: Re: D&L Airgun
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:38 am 

Hi Bobby Iron Sights,
You know it sounds like a Manufacturing problem. I've heard those barrel are mass produced and ya figure if the machine that pumps them out is out by a hair it'll screw them up, and they won't match up correctly. Look at it closely, and see if you can modify it to work and fit/match up properly. Or maybe yet send an E-mail to Crosman and see what they might do about it. Sounds like the mag maybe...

Krazy Mikey... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:38 am 
Admin-2-IC

I think most gun shop or airgun shop have the same policy as you called :
NO-RETURN POLICY ON DEFECTIVE
The only two that I know have return policy and get you money back are
Canadian Tire and Walmart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:50 pm 

Geez Sniper, that's definitely an interesting viewpoint, but if someone offers to sell me an airgun and takes my money, and then sends me a gun shaped paperweight, I expect them to make good on their commitment to me if they can, or give me my money back if they can't.

In Canada, I think anything else would be fraud.

Businesses used to do all sorts of things before the consumer protection act.... http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/Stat ... 2c30_e.htm

But luckily they can't do so legally anymore.

And it does seem to be working out in the end, D&L has agreed to send my my money back, I'm just waiting on it now.

Post subject: Re: D&L Airgun
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:54 pm 

You've diffenently got a point there Bobby Ironsights... Kool 8)

Krazy Mikey... :)

Post subject: Re: D&L
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:12 pm 

[quote="Joseph"]hmmm, i was thinking of getting a 357 gw kit, but now im wondering, what do most people have to say about it?[/quote]

It's a Toy :!:

Krazy Mikey...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:36 pm 

My new crosman 357 has this EXACT problem.

Post subject: Re: 367
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:49 pm 

Hey,
Mention this other problem that BobbyIronSights had, had the same problem also, and tell them to cover the shipping both ways. I would not pay for a faulty product NOWAY :!:

Mike... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:51 pm 

Don't know if this has been mentioned but in most cases even the seller doesn't repair the gun but returns it to the manufacture and in your case its not that far away. There is a Crossman Canada in Peterborough Ontario that might be able to help you so give it a try