Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:34 pm 

My first impressions of the T50 I received are overall impressive. Optics are clear and bright and it seems very well made. No question with the sidewheel, if you order a scope from Robbie, and his service was exellent by the way, get the custom sidewheel at the same time. It's a very impressive piece of kit.
I got one of the newer versions with the "Merlin" turret caps and the clicks are not quite as positive as what was on the Hawke it replaced but when "shooting the box" they are repeatable. The overall quality/clarity is, in my opinion, superior to the scope it replaced but that's what I expected as the price point is about 75% higher. The supplied flip-up lens protectors are rubbish and lasted about 12 seconds before they lost their "hold" and started popping open whenever the mood struck them (and on the objective lens end the "open" mood strikes often!!). The rubber O-ring on the fast focus end was also not very well secured. Neither of these very small deficiencies are enough to make me worry as the rest of the scope/accessories are top notch and so far I'm very satisfied (also, bear in mind this is the scope that "dhb" stepped on before I got it).
Initial shooting impressions are also favourable. I haven't shot a match yet but while doing some sighting in the upgrade was obvious. It looks a bit comical with the 2 sunshades installed as the scope is almost as long as the barrel on my MPR FT!!
Thanks again Robbie, I'm looking forward to the next match.

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 am 

globalstar66 wrote:
See if you could find SportsMatch ATP61 (windage adjustable) or ATP66 (windage and elevation fully adjustable mounts).

ATP66 probably a little overkill with windage and height adjustment. We mostly used ATP61 with only windage adjustment.

SportsMatch are really awesome mounts.

They have a few Canadian distributors. If you can't find any, try Michael Tawn from the UK on Ebay. His prices are good.

+1 - I bought from Michael Tawn - very well organized business - quick to respond and follow up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:52 pm 

sjb2000k wrote:
+1 - I bought from Michael Tawn - very well organized business - quick to respond and follow up.

+2 I bought a couple of items from his store. Excellent service :D

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:37 pm 

BJP wrote:
My first impressions of the T50

How you getting on with the scope?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm 

The more I use it the better I like it. With it mounted and sighted in it does everything advertised.

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm 

I am really glad to hear that!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 pm 

My opinion is its pointless spending any less, its false economy.