Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:39 pm 

Thanks for the cool reply, Chevota! :D. I made the trigger out of 1/4'' thick stainless steel flat stock, and the safety lever and screws are also SS.
I tried the classic mod with the washer and didn't liked it, I found the trigger to be not enough predictable, so, not secure to my taste. Also thought about doing your trick of drilling the original trigger blade, but on my Beeman, that trigger was a little too far back, so I decided to make a new one, which now have a perfect position. But as you noticed, there are some improvements to be done, that's why I appreciate your reply. I like to have a second opinion, especially since you seem to have some experience about that kind of work. I will indeed re-round the screws' tips, I guess I felt impatient on the day I made them! When I ground the sear and sear lever, I only removed the ''wave'' left by the stamping. I did not want to mess too much with the geometry of the parts, since everything was working quite well.
As for the trigger finish, I'd rather polish it :mrgreen: . The rifle's barrel and receiver came nickel plated from the factory, and I'd like to accentuate that 'scheme' a bit. I already made a SS trigger guard and added SS screws to it, and I plan to replace the fore stock black screws with Allen head SS screws.
That Beeman rifle is kind of a test bench, so I'm not finished with it! Reminds me of my 1377... :roll: :D I will probably make the trigger mod on my Crosman rifles, now that i know it works well. Thanks again for sharing your experience, dear sir!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:43 pm 

If other parts are stainless then you're good to go. I assumed it was a generic Crosman.
Since you're into improvements have you tuned it at all? Quieted the spring, fixed the main seal and that sort of stuff? I have ideas on that stuff if you want it. It's ~6M of data so too much to post here, but email me at chevota at hotmail and I'll send it. That's com not ca

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:23 am 

That's quite a a friendly offer, Chevota! :D Thanks! I have some time today, so I think I'll work on my rifle :wink: . I'll send you an e-mail with pictures, if it's ok.

Greetings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:39 pm 

Yes, I'd like to see them.