Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Kingston, ON
I was used to the old site, and liked it well enough.
Same URL, different look and feel. :drinkers:

_________________

Duke ))))----//----------==


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:54 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member 2010
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:54 pm
Posts: 4901
Location: Saint John NB
Ok, in the used section is a Walther CP88-6.........I bought this gun 2 years ago but they still have it on the site(even though listed out of stock) You would think with an updated site this would be gone by now :?
http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdo ... _6.150.gif

_________________
Jonathan

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:45 pm
Posts: 998
Location: Kingston, ON
http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdo ... /index.php

I liked the old site better....

_________________
-Canadian Plinker
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 844
Location: London ON
Canadian Plinker wrote:
http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors.com/store/index.php

I liked the old site better....


I agree Nolan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:47 pm
Posts: 1021
Location: brantford ontario
Red Ryder wrote:
Canadian Plinker wrote:
http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors.com/store/index.php

I liked the old site better....


I agree Nolan.

I don't know...I find the new one a lil more user friendly

_________________
"So long and thanks for all the fish!

Dave[/color]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:04 pm
Posts: 1058
Is it me or did their rifle prices go up?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 932
Location: port colborne. ontario.
i ordered a few things from them since they got the new website up. there were a few kinks at first mostly my fault. but rhonda there was great. i live on the other side of the country from them and my stuff is here already. everything i ordered from them was cheaper than any online sellers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 435
pete wrote:
i ordered a few things from them since they got the new website up. there were a few kinks at first mostly my fault. but rhonda there was great. i live on the other side of the country from them and my stuff is here already. everything i ordered from them was cheaper than any online sellers.

Yah, I noticed that. The guns at SSSO look to be about 10% less than anywhere else. Why is that?
Red.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:21 pm
Posts: 1314
Location: Didsbury,Alberta,Canada
I buy most my gear from Rhonda
Mike helped me pick a scope for my TX200 - very nice Hawke
Awesome service and good prices
I get my stuff very fast - 8)
The new web site did confuse me for a bit but thats not hard to do
Got it down pat now though

Brian

_________________
Too darn many - but - still not enough


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 559
Location: near Ottawa
If you try accessing it from a work computer where the IT security blocks some javascript, the new site's format is completely buggered. :(

_________________
Posting from the edge of the Larose Forest

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:47 pm
Posts: 1021
Location: brantford ontario
I havnt bought anything from them yet but I recently made some enquiries to them...1st response took a day or two..I thought no prob...I responded almost immediately...3 or 4 days later still nothing so I sent a second email apologizing for bothering them but if it were possible to get that info...Rhonda's answer was not a bother ...have it to you later today...that was over almost 2 weeks ago now...hmmm
I understand they are busy but I think that's a lil much

_________________
"So long and thanks for all the fish!

Dave[/color]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 435
daguasta wrote:
I havnt bought anything from them yet but I recently made some enquiries to them...1st response took a day or two..I thought no prob...I responded almost immediately...3 or 4 days later still nothing so I sent a second email apologizing for bothering them but if it were possible to get that info...Rhonda's answer was not a bother ...have it to you later today...that was over almost 2 weeks ago now...hmmm
I understand they are busy but I think that's a lil much

It's too bad that some businesses put there E functions in place and refuse to service them. Some of them are even surprised that they need to spend time on them as if a web site will save time and operate by itself. It's just like opening a new store. I have heard over and over that SSSO is an excellant company to deal with BUT they take too long to answer their emails. That's too bad because it's the same amount of work to do it right away as to do it a week late except that you piss off your potential customer by putting off answering. They don't seem to get that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:31 pm
Posts: 695
Location: Halifax, NS
Not sure if the whole web site is completely & fully functional yet. My not be a fan of the newer one till all search functions/catagorizations etc. work.
As far as their service; my experience (with Rhonda in particular) has been exemplary ! The 10 point inspection fell short on a few things but at least they do it for you.
I will leave proper feedback in proper section (time permitting)
Rest assured their service is top notch :)
Now I hope the website follows suit.

Peter

_________________
...but, could Harry Potter's stick part the sea ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:04 pm
Posts: 1058
Need an Alberta based store.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Saskatchewan
redlock wrote:
daguasta wrote:
I havnt bought anything from them yet but I recently made some enquiries to them...1st response took a day or two..I thought no prob...I responded almost immediately...3 or 4 days later still nothing so I sent a second email apologizing for bothering them but if it were possible to get that info...Rhonda's answer was not a bother ...have it to you later today...that was over almost 2 weeks ago now...hmmm
I understand they are busy but I think that's a lil much

It's too bad that some businesses put there E functions in place and refuse to service them. Some of them are even surprised that they need to spend time on them as if a web site will save time and operate by itself. It's just like opening a new store. I have heard over and over that SSSO is an excellant company to deal with BUT they take too long to answer their emails. That's too bad because it's the same amount of work to do it right away as to do it a week late except that you piss off your potential customer by putting off answering. They don't seem to get that.


My experience with dealing rhonda via e-mail were the polar opposite of this. Response same day, and a few more back and forth emails same day, items ordered in my mailbox about a week later. Ive no complaints and will order from them again.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO