Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:51 pm 

Just got an email alert from Canadian Tire, the Stack-On 8-Gun Cabinet is going on sale Dec 14-20 for half price $74.99.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:45 pm 

AirSmith wrote:
Just got an email alert from Canadian Tire, the Stack-On 8-Gun Cabinet is going on sale Dec 14-20 for half price $74.99.

Those 8-gun cabinets are really 4 or 5 gun cabinets, you can fit 8 RedRyders but scoped guns and larger rifles really need something bigger IMHO (then again at 75$...).

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:25 pm 

I know what you mean, I bought the 10-Gun cabinet a while back when it was 50% off and there is no way you'd fit 10 in it.
For a newbie like me it will do until I can amass an armoury, large enough to equip a small Central American country, like some of you folks have :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 pm 

I have that 8-gun cabinet. I've lined it with a piece of automotive carpet and it fits 6 scoped rifles side-by-side across the back. Removing the two, or maybe 4, end rifles means removing others first.

On the shelf, stacked right, will fit 500 rds .223 and 2000 rds .22 in 100 rd CCI packages (estimated).

If you mount a panel to the door, you may be able to hang a few pistols.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:14 pm 

I have one of those. It is an 8 gun safe if all 8 of your guns are Cooeys! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 pm 

How study is this gun cabinet? Looks like a flimsy locker, thinking of picking up the $300 gun safe at Costco for the eventual .22's.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:17 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

kazibole wrote:
How study is this gun cabinet? Looks like a flimsy locker, thinking of picking up the $300 gun safe at Costco for the eventual .22's.

If you remember your school lockers, thats pretty much what they are. If you have the extra cash, buy the one from Costco. You won't regret it. Bought mine about 4 years ago. Excellent value at around $1 a pound. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 pm 

scruffie wrote:
kazibole wrote:

If you remember your school lockers, thats pretty much what they are. If you have the extra cash, buy the one from Costco. You won't regret it. Bought mine about 4 years ago. Excellent value at around $1 a pound. :lol:

X2 on the Cotsco safe and it is about 1$ a pound. The one I have isn't available online but it's the same as this one but with a black door instead of brushed steel.
http://www.costco.ca/First-Alert%C2%AE-Executive-Safe-220-L-(7.7-cu-ft).product.10342938.html
There's also a slightly larger one available in stores but as with everything at costco if you REALLY want it, go get it NOW. I waited a week before going to get mine, when I got there there was none left and it took over a month for them to receive some more.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun