Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Amazon.ca
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:15 pm 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:
pete wrote:
hi all. from amazon.ca. i bought a utg soft pistol case 19.95 very nice . also a tin of 500 crossman .22 hollow points. free shipping. ordered these on saturday nite and they arrived on tuesday. very fast shipping.

Nice, the Benjamin .22 hollow points are cheaper at only about $9 for 500. I think they are pretty much the same thing. It says out of stock but I ordered it anyways and got an update this morning that told me it will be shipped in 4 days. Man I love amazon.

How different are these from CPHP's? I need something for my CR 600 carbine.

Nyd

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:54 am 

SureShot wrote:
Great news, the Mini Uzi magazine that I ordered from Amazon.ca arrived today. I haven't shot with it yet but it looks identical to the one that came with my Uzi.

I learned of this item from somebody else here on the forum. The pic on the website for the item doesn't match what I received and even the order description doesn't match.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004I8Z7BC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
"Soft Air 51100 Magazine for Uzi"; CDN$ 42.46
I received this item directly from Amazon.ca and the shipping was free.

When I placed my order for the magazine I also ordered an MRS Reflex sight however it's coming from Urban Inspirations, US not Amazon.ca.
This has me concerned. Shipping was only $9.00 but I'm bracing myself for high brokerage fees. Hopefully it doesn't come via UPS. They are such crooks.

Question is whether you will see it at all. Optics are on the no-no list between US and Canada. Amazon.ca may be Canadian, but if you've ordered stuff that's banned even Amazon.ca can't ship it to you because it's a US listing on the Canadian site. One the other hand you can bring in 100 knockoffs of the same piece from China with no customs interference.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:19 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Question is whether you will see it at all. Optics are on the no-no list between US and Canada. Amazon.ca may be Canadian, but if you've ordered stuff that's banned even Amazon.ca can't ship it to you because it's a US listing on the Canadian site. One the other hand you can bring in 100 knockoffs of the same piece from China with no customs interference.

I never considered that problem. Believe me if there's an issue with receiving my purchase I'll be contacting Amazon.ca for a full refund.

I know of other people who have experienced similar problems with ordering from a Canadian company but receiving the item from a US address. My girlfriend ordered some clothes from a Canadian company (well at least their website claimed they were) when they arrived from Florida she was greeting by an unexpected $25 UPS brokerage fee.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:29 am 

^ a lot of companies do that, you've got the be careful when ordering. A lot of tire websites do that, they claim to be a Canadian site with incredible prices but you get screwed when they show up. Newegg (computer parts) is terrible for this as well, the kicker is that even though they ship half their stuff from the states, you can't order things only on the US site, and the two sites don't share their stock. So it can be out of stock in Canada (but shipped from the US) and in stock in the US, and they won't let you buy it.

peaceriverguy wrote:
Airguns are like cats. People think that they'll be fine alone, but they really need company. And don't you want your airguns to be happy?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:37 pm 

If the seller is Amazon.ca (has to be to qualify for free shipping anyways) and not one of the resellers, the item will ship out from their Mississauga, Ontario warehouse, so you won't have to worry about brokerage fees. 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:53 pm 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:
If the seller is Amazon.ca (has to be to qualify for free shipping anyways) and not one of the resellers, the item will ship out from their Mississauga, Ontario warehouse, so you won't have to worry about brokerage fees. 8)

Ditto to that!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:55 pm 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:

Right, I placed one order this past week from Amazon.ca and they split the shipment into two. One from Mississauga and one from the US.

I've just checked and it was shipped last Friday via US postal service. Great, as long as it isn't UPS.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:40 pm 

SureShot wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

Right, I placed one order this past week from Amazon.ca and they split the shipment into two. One from Mississauga and one from the US.

I've just checked and it was shipped last Friday via US postal service. Great, as long as it isn't UPS.

UPS and Fedex both suck

Are you sure the item that shipped from the US address was sold by amazon.ca or was it a reseller? They split your orders/shipping sometimes if one or more are out of stock.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:14 pm 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:
SureShot wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

UPS and Fedex both suck

Are you sure the item that shipped from the US address was sold by amazon.ca or was it a reseller? They split your orders/shipping sometimes if one or more are out of stock.

X3 on UPS ALWAYS HAVE A $25 fee!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:17 am 

Amazon Canada is selling PAL rated air rifles. I don't know if they are requesting a PAL number. The web page describing the gun doesn't seem to mention it.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:46 am 

Penage Guy wrote:
Amazon Canada is selling PAL rated air rifles. I don't know if they are requesting a PAL number. The web page describing the gun doesn't seem to mention it.

I found this on one of the rifles for sale on Amazon.ca:
Quote:
This Item Is Not For Sale In Some Specific Zip Codes

So I think they would let you order it and then send you an email saying it can't be shipped to you and refund your $$$

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 am 

Penage Guy wrote:

I saw that too, it let me add it to cart but the price was terrible so I didn't try to fully buy it.

peaceriverguy wrote:
Airguns are like cats. People think that they'll be fine alone, but they really need company. And don't you want your airguns to be happy?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:29 pm 

Nyder74 wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:
pete wrote:
hi all. from amazon.ca. i bought a utg soft pistol case 19.95 very nice . also a tin of 500 crossman .22 hollow points. free shipping. ordered these on saturday nite and they arrived on tuesday. very fast shipping.

Nice, the Benjamin .22 hollow points are cheaper at only about $9 for 500. I think they are pretty much the same thing. It says out of stock but I ordered it anyways and got an update this morning that told me it will be shipped in 4 days. Man I love amazon.

How different are these from CPHP's? I need something for my CR 600 carbine.

Nyd

I'll let you guys know on Monday when it arrives :)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 pm 

underscore wrote:
Penage Guy wrote:

I saw that too, it let me add it to cart but the price was terrible so I didn't try to fully buy it.

As soon as you hit the Place Order button, a message will tell you that "at least one of the items on your order cannot be shipped to your current address."

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:19 pm 

NEVER, EVER have an order shipped UPS. Brokerage fees can be as high as 33% of the invoice. Been there with a UPS charged for brokerage fees, exactly $100.00 on a sword that was listed as $300.00 value on the declaration form. United States Postal Service (USPS) is the ONLY way to have anything shipped from the States to us - no brokerage fees- zip- nadda.