Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:53 pm 

Has anyone tried one of the Moly sprays that some people (myself included) use on jacketed bullets, like Birchwood Casey's or Hoppe's. one of those wipes off and is useless, while the other works. Another make expressly made or marketed for bullets that I am currently using in my .17AH, is Ms Moly. It really works well, however the velocity drops a tich due to less friction in the barrel (pressure drop)and the charge must be increased. I think perhaps with CO2 or high pressure air, the velocity might be increased. I figure to try it sometime - will let you know. The pellets would have to be sitting on their bases, front end up on a sheet of paper, then sprayed. It dries very quickly then does not rub off - much.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:01 pm 

Hey guys,
I shot my EV2 this weekend. JSB 8.44gr what a nice gun, and I much say, this gun is built to shoot JSB pellets.

I thought I mentioned that this gun is awsome, and it shoots hole in hole until there is no more air left, WOW

I guess the pellet might have something to do with it.

Thanks for all the reply.

Biagio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:47 am 

I notice that JSB's come in a range of bore sizes.

177: 4.50

22: 5.50

This would acount for poorly shooting tin's if they are mis labeled. Any one Mic there pellets to see what size their rifle prefer's ?

Ken

Browning Leverage .177

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:58 am 

Finding the exact skirt size is preferable for the most consistent accuracy, but all sizes will perform better than anything else.IMO. As far as cleaning pellet gun barrels, It doesn't need to be done very often, but I have found that after cleaning, the accuracy is not as good for the first 40 or 50 shot,s. Also I have found if you use solvent, it takes even more shot,s to settle back into accuracy mode. Now I only use dry patches.