Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:27 am 

Just noticed that Le Barons are advertising the Benjamin Classic .22 non PAL at $185.94 :D

Remarkable difference from Canadian Tire`s $349.99. :shock:

With a bit of luck, perhaps Le Baron may have a hard copy of the ad. to take to Canadian Tire to grab some Canadian Tire coupons as well. :wink:

No need to thank me.......I LOVE sticking it to Canadian Tire. :axe: I REALLY do !!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 pm 

If it is the catalog then that is 2012 issue & CTC won't honour it for sure, but I see that there is not date on the page/flyer, so it just might work.
I took Scopesandammo pirnt out to my local CTC & very nicely informed them that it was their choice: if they want product cleared off their shelf they could, for the price
on the online ad printout I took. (url has to be Canadian) Told the manager that I was going to buy it online & then thought to support local business so the option was his.
They were very nice about it & matched the price no hassle.

Actually am going to try it for a friend (if he still has the reciept) I really think it comes down to the manager, cause another local CTC is plain sucky to deal with.
Thanks for the heads up ! they might honour the LeBaron's price too :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 pm 

It's in the 2013 catalog, although I don't know if the printed version is out yet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 am 

Prices are still low on this. Seems CT is bending us over with no lube....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:51 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... -kit-p-245

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:24 pm 

Anyway Le Baron in Montreal don't have it in stock and can't estimate arrival time...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:16 pm 

vitalymezh wrote:
Anyway Le Baron in Montreal don't have it in stock and can't estimate arrival time...

Perpetual problem with Lebaron!

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm 

Chewy wrote:

Lube can be found at CT in aisle 4 ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:25 pm 

Silversam wrote:
Just noticed that Le Barons are advertising the Benjamin Classic .22 non PAL at $185.94 :D

Yep! thats where i got mine great little deal also picked up a soft rifle case for it that fits with scope attached for $15 went back the next week to grab another for my Slavia 630 all gone damn :(

They have some nice deals at Le Baron the 2240 is $55 :yawinkle:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:30 pm 

SureShot wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Lube can be found at CT in aisle 4 ;-)

OK i don't wanna know how you know that :shock: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:43 pm 

Silversam wrote:

Remarkable difference from Canadian Tire`s $349.99. :shock:

With a bit of luck, perhaps Le Baron may have a hard copy of the ad. to take to Canadian Tire to grab some Canadian Tire coupons as well. :wink:

No need to thank me.......I LOVE sticking it to Canadian Tire. :axe: I REALLY do !!! :twisted:

Today, Canadian Tire ends up being the best place to buy the air rifle here in Ottawa and we have Lebaron and Sail! You just print off a copy of page 354 from the Lebaron catalog and take it into CTC for their price match guarantee on 'like for like' product. The bonus is that they give you an additional 10% in CTC money as part of the price match guarantee. So at the end of the day you get it for Lebaron's price of $185.94 less $18.60 in CTC $$$ for a net $167.34. Doesn't matter that Lebaron's is always of out stock. Did it this morning. :D

I guess that is kinda like sticking it to Canadian Tire. :wink:

Jim. . .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 am 

I picked up my Benjamin classic at my local CT for less than what Lebarons charges($179.99), plus i got the CT $$$

Crosman "vigilante"
Benjamin Trail NP .22 w/3-9x40 Centerpoint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:00 pm 

I'm still waiting for my raincheck to come in at Cdn Tire.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:34 am 

GoodEnough wrote:
If it is the catalog then that is 2012 issue & CTC won't honour it for sure, but I see that there is not date on the page/flyer, so it just might work.
I took Scopesandammo pirnt out to my local CTC & very nicely informed them that it was their choice: if they want product cleared off their shelf they could, for the price
on the online ad printout I took. (url has to be Canadian) Told the manager that I was going to buy it online & then thought to support local business so the option was his.

Ya know, normally I would say "good on Yo" for givin' it to the man (as if CT is tha man). What you've done, actually, is take advantage of a credible dealer who straight-out offers realistic prices and caters to the unique needs of the real air gunning community as well by stocking stuff (such as upgrade parts) that CT could never in their "big retail machine" existence ever dream of providing for you. If S&A offers you a decent shipping price, pay it and support the "home team." If not, then keep your savings and feed "tha man" your money and he will continue to rip more people off with their shelf price. Meanwhile. outlets such as S&A, Mr. Marvin, Replica Airguns, and many others we're familiar with will be fighting a losing battle as they provide the reasonable prices that big stores can afford to match -- if they have to.

My appeal is not on behalf of any particular online retailer (I like some more than I do others), but rather, my appeal is to those of us who are really into the sport and who gain no advantage by Canadian Tire selling 12,586 units of Crosman C11s in a week. Helping to move stock or our supporting dealers can be nothing but an advantage (unless they take it for granted). Americans don't care; if someone folds up, there'll always be someone 24 hours later opening up a better store. In Canada we have to nurture our entrepreneurs, and they have to nurture their clients -- there just aren't that may to spare. And if you think the big stores will make up for the lost small business buying opportunities, best change your hobby to gardening, barbecuing, or DIY plumbing and electricity.

I've spent $10 - $20 more per purchase many times to support these entrepreneurs and haven't regretted it once (and I live on a pension). I have regretted saving $10 - $20 buying from a CT, PA, or whatever, because there was no one to help me when I needed to repair or wanted to mod. Without these small-business entrepreneurs, there would be no place to go for what you need.

$0.00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:25 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
GoodEnough wrote:

Ya know, normally I would say "good on Yo" for givin' it to the man (as if CT is tha man). What you've done, actually, is take advantage of a credible dealer who straight-out offers realistic prices and caters to the unique needs of the real air gunning community as well by stocking stuff (such as upgrade parts) that CT could never in their "big retail machine" existence ever dream of providing for you. If S&A offers you a decent shipping price, pay it and support the "home team." If not, then keep your savings and feed "tha man" your money and he will continue to rip more people off with their shelf price. Meanwhile. outlets such as S&A, Mr. Marvin, Replica Airguns, and many others we're familiar with will be fighting a losing battle as they provide the reasonable prices that big stores can afford to match -- if they have to.

My appeal is not on behalf of any particular online retailer (I like some more than I do others), but rather, my appeal is to those of us who are really into the sport and who gain no advantage by Canadian Tire selling 12,586 units of Crosman C11s in a week. Helping to move stock or our supporting dealers can be nothing but an advantage (unless they take it for granted). Americans don't care; if someone folds up, there'll always be someone 24 hours later opening up a better store. In Canada we have to nurture our entrepreneurs, and they have to nurture their clients -- there just aren't that may to spare. And if you think the big stores will make up for the lost small business buying opportunities, best change your hobby to gardening, barbecuing, or DIY plumbing and electricity.

I've spent $10 - $20 more per purchase many times to support these entrepreneurs and haven't regretted it once (and I live on a pension). I have regretted saving $10 - $20 buying from a CT, PA, or whatever, because there was no one to help me when I needed to repair or wanted to mod. Without these small-business entrepreneurs, there would be no place to go for what you need.

$0.00

The thing is if people stop buying from CT and Wal-Mart, they'll stop carrying airguns, if they stop carrying airguns Crosman will stop producing detuned guns because they're mostly (only) interested in chains and selling in very large quantities. If Crosman stops making detuned guns other companies may follow as Crosman is such a big player and if the other companies still do make detuned guns they'll sell them for more money because there's less competition.
The ONLY solution that works for everyone is to buy more airgun and to buy them everywhere :mrgreen:
I buy from D&L, Airgun Source, Mike, Eric, Sniper Dan, SSSO, Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire and if I'm visiting the US Pyramyd Air, Wal-Mart and Cabela's.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun