Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 pm 

I just got word a few days ago that Falcon will eventually have the SILVER coloured T50FT scope available by the end of April.

The price is to go up from the previous T50FT scopes, as the new silver version will be supplied with a new custom 125mm sidewheel as well as a new elevation turret cap.

Prices have not yet been determined by Falcon, but it looks like a Canadian selling price of around $800 per unit plus shipping and tax.

If I get orders for 2 or more units shipping to the same address, I will pay for postage. These SILVER scopes are surely going to be sold out very quickly as the FT world has been waiting for them for 2 years. Once sold, they are normally on backorder for quite some time until a next production run is done.

I could have the units around 2 weeks after they get to Falcon in the UK.

If anybody wants to order one (or more) let me know and I will pre-order them for a $100 deposit payable on placing your order with me.

The model will be known as the T50LM. Here is a picture and some specs attached.

Let me know should anyone be interested.

Thank you kindly.

Regards

Robbie

Shooting Warehouse
Calgary, AB
robert@shootingwarehouse.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:44 am 

Oh dear, how purdy would that look atop my Ripley?

Robbie, yer a git :lol:

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:55 am 

Yep, already emailed Robbie! Got my name on the list and looking forward to when they arrive.

Jeff H

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:28 pm 

They should be available late April.

I am placing an order in the next 2 weeks. They promise to be really nice scopes. Watch this space.

Ciao

Robbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 am 

Robbie.

Have you heard whether the glass and reticle will be changed on this model as has been suggested from the silver prototype? Etched reticle on this one? Also is the sidewheel hub the same size on this model? Have a couple wheels from Jon H and hope they will fit. Updated inserts if not I guess.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 am 

Nope, no change in reticle yet. Will still be the standard "wire" mildot reticle as per all the previous ones. Wire reticle is something they are working on but Nick said I should not hold my breath. :)

The new 125mm supplied sidewheel is built in China (on Jon's design) and as far as I know, the diameter of the parallax "knob" is the same size.

They have used the exact same "chassis" - just changed the design of the glass slightly to work better in "wooded" areas - so light gathering capability is the main change, other than the new silver color and the new larger sidewheel and custom elevation turret cap.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:31 pm 

Just a bit of an update for the guys waiting got their T50 scopes.

It looks like we are still on track for an end of April shipment. If all goes according to plan, Falcon should ship the scopes to me at the end of April, and I should have them around one week later - around 7 May I'm guessing. I will get them out to everyone the same day I get them, so you should all have your scopes around 14 May - unless there is some unexpected delay in getting them from the factory.

I will keep you all updated.

Thanks

Robbie
403-390-8008

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 pm 

Spoke to Nick Watts at Falcon again today. All things going well, we are still in for an end of April shipment. If there are no unexpected delays at the factory, I should have the scopes arrive here around 7 May.

I will keep all of you updated as I get to know more.

Thanks for your patience - I am sure it will be well worth the wait. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:43 am 

FWIW, I'm really impressed with the range finding ability of my T50 (too bad it's the wrong colour for my silver-grey rifle!).

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm 

dhb wrote:
FWIW, I'm really impressed with the range finding ability of my T50 (too bad it's the wrong colour for my silver-grey rifle!).

If you decide you can't live with out that silver one I will take the other one off your hands :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:22 pm 

Yeah - the Silver one has been in the making for quite some time. It's been in prototype form for al least 1 1/2 years now and finally we should have them soon.

If all goes well, they should get to Falcon in the UK this Friday, and they should ship to me early next week. Fingers crossed that there is no delay. :)

I will keep you guys updated with news once it's been shipped to me.

Thanks

Robbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am 

Wonder if Falcon got them today?? Keep waiting to find out when they will hit the U.S.A. No word yet... I need a new scope!!

-Casey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 pm 

Casey

I was invoiced on Wednesday and shipping SHOULD happen on Wednesday next week so I am expecting my shipment to be delivered to me around Wednesday 8 May. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Robbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 pm 

Thanks Robbie... just contacted SWFA again.... no word or news from them on when the silver Falcon is arriving. At least they didn't say they aren't going to carry it...keeping fingers crossed.

-Casey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 pm 

Some news guys - the Falcon T50 scopes should be shipped to me on Wednesday. With some luck, I should have them in my hands next week Friday.

I will let all of you that ordered them know once I have them, what the total amount is with tax and postage.

Although they are more than what I thought they would be (I got the final prices only last week), I will honour the $800 plus tax and postage I quoted originally to all that "ordered" units.

As mentioned, they now come with a custom elevation turret as well as a Jon Harris designed custom 125mm sidewheel. All of mine are also supplied with 2 x 50mm sunshades as well as the distance marking stickers. Scopes are now the new SILVER version and have enhanced internals better suited to show targets in shaded areas.

The wait is almost over.

I will email all involved individually early next week with more details.

Cheers

Robbie