Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:22 pm 

Hi Everyone,

FYI... Specialty Shooting Sports has their webpage updated with a good list of airguns.

Here is the link;

http://specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors. ... p?cPath=27

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:19 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Man. Do they have some exellent prices. Did a quick comparision on some Items between them and D&L and it doesn't seem to even be a contest. Considering the D&L's house and Specialty Sports Store are both in Langley and only about three miles apart somebody might have to do some serious price cutting to stay competitive. Beings Specialty is about ten minutes from my shop I just have got to head over and take a boo at their stock. If they have this stuff in stock, guaranteed that I walk out with something

And look at all the different pellets. About time we had something like this on the West Coast.
http://specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors. ... =3a&page=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:27 pm 
Site Moderator

Hi guys,

I sent an email to Specialty Shooting Sports, asking a few questions (4 in all). I thought everyone might be interested in the answers (see below).

Todd
------------------------------------------------------

Dear Todd,

Thank you! Your patience has been appreciated, as well as your encouragement!!. Yes, the air gun section is up (it is being linked to Pay Pal at the moment, so temp down till the links are all working smoothly). We have 200 air gun items ready for sale--we just are just proofing all the buying capabilities-----so soon it will be viewable !!!

#1-The .22 HW30S is the only detuned Weihrauch. My contact at Canada Firearms says that the air guns will be the first to be de-regulated, so soon everyone will be wanting full power anyway!!

#2-Yes, the .177Cal HW30S is PAL version only

#3-Yes, we sell all the springs & seals for Weihrauch and most of the time we do have stock on them, we are temporarily out every now and then, but they do get replaced for regular stock.

#4-Yes, Air Arms is the next air gun we will be stocking. Michael has been in touch with them, and we are hoping to have stock at the end of 2006. Because we are not a corporation, we take time to add a full selection of the companies we stock. We took on the full line of AirForce, Diana this year & a huge re-order of Weihrauch, Crosman, and the pellet lines of Diana and Weihrauch.

I hope this helps--and once again we appreciate your touching base. I will be getting an air gun links page going in the near future and will be putting your reviews and schematics ect to make it very accessible for the guys. It just has taken me so much time to do all my responsibilities here at the store, in addition to the site--one day I have to get a life!!!

Nice hearing from you!

Rhonda (& Michael)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:34 pm 

Great prices, I'm definatley going there if I'm nearby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:10 pm 

Am i understanding this right?That they are de-regulating airguns from the firearms list?And if so,is this fact?i heard that nothing will be done untill fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:17 pm 

If your nearby? They are only in Langley. Be there on your bike in 30 min. :lol:

The Dereg is only a rumour and not fact yet. Probably wishful thinking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:06 am 

Is the SSS website working properly for you guys now? Seems FU'ed to me, used to be OK, could be me... :D Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:16 am 

Nope working fine on this end. Probably something to do with the antiquated dial up. Lots of pic's to load :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:03 pm 

Hey scruffie: nope, not that. It worked fine before, loaded fast even. Getting the 404 thing for most pages. No luck with the phone either, maybe they are away doing web site updates... :D

Edit: FWIW it was my ISP, I notified them, took them a long time to fix the blocking problem, just started working yesterday.