Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:18 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

It took a couple of months to receive this rifle after placing the order through Dan. Thankfully, as I like my sanity, there were no unexpected delays and the rifle arrived on schedule as expected... Thanks Dan!

This is the start of a rig that will have me back out shooting FT on a more regular basis.. It's been almost 2yrs since I've had a rifle to bring out to the FT matches that I was comfortable shooting.. New job leaves me with little time to tinker the way I was use to, so a rifle with less regular maintenance was in order to change things.. There was never a shortage of good folks among the FT community willing to lend a fellow shooter a rifle to get him/her out there shooting, but it's nice to have one that you can get comfy with.. The rifle pictured here is sporting a Hawke 8-32 scope, but if all goes well there will be a very different scope mounted on this LG110 before the start of the new FT season.. Now the number crunching/setting-up/brain picking and testing fun begins...Hoping to get it all done before the season starts!!!...

After waiting 6 days, I finally got a chance to put some lead down range with the new rifle.. The LG110 arrived on Friday and until this evening it sat dormant .. Got home a bit earlier then usual and took the time to mount a Hawke 8-32 scope on the rifle for some test shots.. If all goes well, there's another scope that will become part of the new rig before the start of the season ..

After a few quick shots to put the Hawke in the zone, I put these two groups of 10 shots together ..
For added fun the scope was left dialed at x32.. Can you say sea sick?.. :lol:

This 1st group was shot @ 12yards off a wonky work bench rested on a shooting bag and me on an office chair with wheels...

The 2nd group was shoot @ 16 yards off another wonky makeshift bench also on a shooting bag and me standing...
Not really a true test, but IMO a good indicator that this should make for a nice shooter when all is said and done....

The POA for both targets was simply the centre ring with no adjustments made to the scope..

For this last pic, the targets were overlapped to show the difference 4yrds made at those distances... :shock:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:48 am 

Very Nice shooting rifle!
$2999.00 is a bit rich for even me!
Owned a Steyr SSG PII that was very accurate beyond 800m.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:33 am 

Congrats Parker, that's a nice rifle!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:21 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
Very Nice shooting rifle!
$2999.00 is a bit rich for even me!
Owned a Steyr SSG PII that was very accurate beyond 800m.

Heh, heh- sweet!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 am 
Supporting Member 2010

Beautiful gun........can you post a few more detailed pics from different angle?

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:54 am 

Oh she does look real Purty 8) 8) Beautiful rifle D, and Congratulations as you've earned it. Except for all those hours, that new job has been treating you very well. :lol: Here's to lots of #1 finishes in your shooting future :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:38 pm 

Thanks fellows..

Work, work work and no play is no fun... You've got to have a little fun in life!... :partyman:
Just got back from having the SCUBA tank refilled, so there's a good chance that I'll be at the range tomorrow and a couple of pics may be in order..

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:17 am 
Admin-2-IC

Congrats Parker with the new Steyr.
It's the ultimate airgun ever made.
I was so excited when it arrived at our dock. I grabbed the box out of the skid
as soon as it was off the back of truck tailgate.
took the gun out of the case, all I can say ....... wowwwwwww.....awesome .....
I wish to own one ...... one day ......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 am 

Truly, a thing of beauty to behold, Parker. Looks like she shoots as well as she looks

One of the AIR FT guys has a .22 version and man, is it smooth. I shot it at 25 yards and got bored with it 8) ( indoor range, target at a fixed distance etc.) EVERY pellet went exactly where it was supposed to. Trigger is outstanding etc. The rifle just oozes quality.

Will you be doing a full review? I look forward to that if so.

Enjoy

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:14 am 

What??? Parker what a beautiful gun! Congratulations. Here I move away last fall and look what you have been up to. Your Steyr looks great. Enjoy. And a new scope on the way? Happy for you. Hope to see you at a match in the spring.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 pm 

Thanks!..

I spent Sunday morning at Burlington sending lead down the pipe...If you didn't show up early, you were waiting for a port to become available... There was a solid core of shooters out and sweet guns everywhere, all we needed were a few field targets out and it would have felt like game day! .. Got so caught up in the fun never took any pics...

Looking forward to the start of the season and seeing new and familiar faces...

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:43 am 

Very nice unit there Parker. :drinkers: Congrats, hope she treats you every shoot you attend.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Congrats Dean! I know you've been looking forward to this, and it'll be good to see you giving Don 'a run for his money' this year!!