Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:16 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Hamilton
Just wondering if anyone knows of retail or on line place where to buy supper cheap pellets for their air rifles or pistols? Thank you for your responses…


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Kingston, ON
kamilcz wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows of retail or on line place where to buy supper cheap pellets for their air rifles or pistols? Thank you for your responses…

Cheap, doesn't usually give you good. Super cheap, usually translate to poor performance. But, Princess Auto sells Grizzly pellets that are super cheap ($6/500 .177 cal) and they perform OK in some guns, and are good for breaking in a gun or for plinking. They actually shoot very well in my QB79... ragged hole groups at 14yards... go figure.
The CAF store has good prices on JSB pellets, they shoot well in most guns and are often the best. In that sense they are cheap, at least cost per bulls eye is low! :D
:drinkers:

_________________

Duke ))))----//----------==


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:01 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Sault Ste Marie,Ontario
Tool Town also sells grizzly pellets. The wad cutters shoot extremely well in my 1377.

_________________
modded crosman 1322/Bugbuster scope
.22 Benji Trail AW/gold trigger/Optisan Viper Scope
Alecto .177/Aim Red Dot


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:16 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Hamilton
Dukemeister wrote:
kamilcz wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows of retail or on line place where to buy supper cheap pellets for their air rifles or pistols? Thank you for your responses…

Cheap, doesn't usually give you good. Super cheap, usually translate to poor performance. But, Princess Auto sells Grizzly pellets that are super cheap ($6/500 .177 cal) and they perform OK in some guns, and are good for breaking in a gun or for plinking. They actually shoot very well in my QB79... ragged hole groups at 14yards... go figure.
The CAF store has good prices on JSB pellets, they shoot well in most guns and are often the best. In that sense they are cheap, at least cost per bulls eye is low! :D
:drinkers:

Very nice price on the Grizzly’s Dukemeiser. What type heads do you like the most on them flat, round or the pointed ones?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:13 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Ajax,Ontario
Heres a couple of good buys.

http://www.airgunsource.com/store/index ... 7389&c=195

http://www.airgunforum.ca/store/product ... ucts_id=51


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:04 pm
Posts: 513
Location: Komoka Ont.
TSC has Daisy .177 pellets at a good price, in a store Hyde Park in London I think they had 500 pointed for 3.99 the hollow points were 5.99. They have the best walkin price for .22 CPHPs at 10 something for 500.

_________________
When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Kingston, ON
kamilcz wrote:
Very nice price on the Grizzly’s Dukemeiser. What type heads do you like the most on them flat, round or the pointed ones?

I shoot round-nose (or domed) almost exclusively. I do have a few tins of wads. Pointed in general are not good for accuracy, perhaps better penetration than the others, but not for accuracy. :drinkers:

_________________

Duke ))))----//----------==


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:47 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member 2009
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:37 am
Posts: 3467
Location: Out There
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/ind ... ts-c-24_41

_________________
www.scopesandammo.com/storefront



Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:16 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Hamilton
Dukemeister wrote:
kamilcz wrote:
Very nice price on the Grizzly’s Dukemeiser. What type heads do you like the most on them flat, round or the pointed ones?

I shoot round-nose (or domed) almost exclusively. I do have a few tins of wads. Pointed in general are not good for accuracy, perhaps better penetration than the others, but not for accuracy. :drinkers:

As mentioned by you I tried the round-nose Grizzly’s from Princess Auto yesterday and I was surprised of how accurate they shoot out of my IZH-46M. At 7m I was able to maintained ½ inch spread groups consistently. Not so bad economy pellet, for great price at a local store… thanks so much for the heads up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 3:32 pm
Posts: 1
Right now TSC has Daisy pointed .177 at $2 for 250, or Daisy hollowpoint at $4 for 500.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 5881
Location: P.G. B.C.
Princess Auto has VERY cheap pellets. I do not know the make. Locally, they also have some good pellets, ie: RWS R10's, but those are NOT cheap. $14.99 per 500 tin.

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3500
Location: Edmonton
If you're just looking for MOTR pellets, and are not fussy about selection, Amazon.ca is, IMO, one of the best places to go. Many of their pellets qualify for free shipping on a $25+ order, so there's no shipping costs (which can double the price of your pellets) Prices are good; selection is very limited, and the free delivery is speedy.

$0.00


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 26
lebaron has decent prices for crossman, they also carry gamo, rws and
store.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO