Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:38 pm 

Hi,I just joint this site and would like to know if it is easy for a novice like me to adjust the trigger on my rifle to make it softer to pull.
The rifle is a Beeman 1047,with a.22 cal.barrel.when I pull the trigger it feels too stiff,probably 15 Lbs pull to release ,I would really like to make it like 6 or 7 pounds of pressure to pull it.
Sorry I don't quite know the lingo but I hope I have made myself understood.
The gun was bought brand new 2 days ago,is it possible that the trigger will loosen up with frequent use over time?do I have to take the gun apart and grind anything in order to achieve a softer pull?
I would appreciate your inputs and comments.
Ken.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:53 pm 

Well,I found out my neighbor knows quite a bit about guns and is willing to take a look at the trigger,I'm confident he can improve the trigger pull close to what I want.

I was hoping to get a couple of replies and some guidance here but fully understand the lack of exposure to the type of modification I was inquiring about,may be I'll take some pictures and post them here for your future reference.
Thank you all the same.
Regards.
Ken.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:12 am 

You are asking about a trigger modification, not a trigger adjustment. Many guns have triggers that are adjustable. Be aware that if you modify the trigger on your rifle you could make it unsafe. I don't want to be insulting but if you want a better trigger then the best way, in my opinion, is to get a better gun. For example Diana make a good quality line of airguns and even the lower cost ones are fine. All made in Germany, not China.
Someone else will soon post that your trigger mod is easy go right ahead and do this and that. If you do this remember that you might be changing the gun into an unsafe condition. Be extra aware of muzzle control (i.e. where the gun is pointed) it might fire when bumped if you make it too light.
Red.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:42 pm 

Thank you Red,I understand what you are saying about the possibility of over grinding and subsequently making it unsafe,I am already used to pulling the trigger on this gun but when my son or my wife wants to use it I often hear complains about it being too hard to pull.
Any how a good member here (Duke) sent me some info and I finally decided to let a friend who is very knowledgeable with gun repairs to do the necessary modifications using the pic & info I received.
Thank you again for your help,I'll let you all know how it goes after I get the gun back.
Ken.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:53 am 

Well,I did manage to file the stamped sear on this rifle (many thanks to Duke for his guidance),it went from 11 pound of pressure to 7lbs.I have attached a few pics of the procedure,first I filed the top part (PIC #3, 10-15 thou)to decrease the trigger travel.then the front (blurry photo,PIC #4) just to round off the sharp edge of it,then put on some lubrication ,the whole job took about 20 minutes and the difference is like night and day.
This gun turned out to be a very decent and very accurate gun ,my satisfaction with it's overall performance and accuracy jumped from 4 to 9.
[url]ImageImageImageImage[/url]