Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:51 am 

Hi guys, I had a problem with my ASG STI Duty One, the slide was loose and would not always stay forward after blowing back, so it would misfire. I suspected a problem with the recoil spring, which i found was the problem. Note the mangled spring in the last picture it should be about 3/4" longer.
I searched online for info on how to strip this gun but i had no luck. So i went ahead and stripped it anyways. I thought i would share some photos and a brief discription on how to do this for anyone who may have use for this info. This is an ASG Product and they do not provide any instuctions or schematics on their guns so i hope this will be of some help to someone.
First remove rear sight, then remove the 2 screws holding the firing pin assembly.
Next cock the hammer & gently pull the slide back a bit and the firing pin assembly will tilt and drop down and out (pic1). Then gently pull the slide forward off the barrel and frame. Mine was a little tight as the spring was crushed and binding, but it installed smoothly with the new spring. Reassemble in reverse order, all should go back together with ease and no binding. I have more pics but 3 is max. for this post.
Cheers Everyone Kevin

Attachments:
IMG_1593.JPG
IMG_1593.JPG [ 202.38 KiB | Viewed 974 times ]
IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1594.JPG [ 230.7 KiB | Viewed 974 times ]
IMG_1597.JPG
IMG_1597.JPG [ 307.28 KiB | Viewed 974 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:59 am 
Supporting Member 2010

You can just stretch it longer and it will work. I have had to do that on a few blowback guns

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:05 pm 

The STI Duty One had didn't have the problem you seem to had. Mine would lock back on a full magazine. Every 3-4 shots it would lock back and catch on just the very tip of the slide lock. I don't know why it would do this. Someone told me its design flaw in the gun. But no one else seemed to have these problems. The slide on the two Duty Ones I had never was loose. It was tight and the slide did not move much at all. The blowback worked fine it was just the locking back constantly on a full mag that made it bad.

I talked to a guy on the phone from pyramyd air and he said he did not like the ASG STI Duty One and said they get alot of returns with that gun. I bet they do, two guns and they all had the same problem. He then said how nice the Witness 1911 was and I told him I already had 3 of them. I sent all three back. I was completely disgusted and just opted for a refund. I got sick and tired of traveling back and forth between fedex and my home.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:41 am 

Well i'm not surprised to hear you've had problems with some of these blowback BB guns, I suspected they would be problematic from the first time i saw them. The STI Duty One is my first purchase of one of these and i'm not impressed with having to perform "surgery" on it to get it working properly. I am pleased with it's performance now, but some Tech Support from ASG would have been nice.
I do plan on buying some more of these guns, but I think i'll go with Umarex for my next couple of purchases. Like you i hope to see some user reviews of the Crosman 1911. I hope it turns out favorably.
Cheers K.L.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:48 am 

I had a Umarex HPP I and it worked fine. It was blowback and it was $70. But the $120 Witness and $100 Duty One were pretty much defective pieces of junk. The HPP worked till the day I sold it, which was just 2 weeks ago. I put about 2,000 BBs through it.