Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:00 pm 

Hey there,

First post on this forum so I'm looking forward to getting into what looks like a pretty great community. I'll get right to what I need help with. I found a break-barrel rifle in my dad's basement. It won't lock when I try to cock it, and I can't seem to find any form of insignia or brand name to look for replacement parts. My guess is that the whole action needs to be replaced. I can pull the barrel all the way down but the spring won't lock in place.

As you can probably tell I'm a complete newby but this is something I'd really like to get into. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pictures below.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm 

I was going to say a Slavia but it has the wrong rear site. It could be of a higher end made in China if no brand name or insignia can be found. Your trigger sear can be broken, the notch upon the piston could be broken, you have a broken spring or a broken spring quide. You will have to tear it down either way. Taking pics as you go will enable others to help you out. As for a seal upon the piston it is most likely a leather one. If it is deteriorated, it can be replaced with a new leather sanded round to shape to refit the cylinder. A thick leather belt could be the trick for a fix. Or if there is a leather saddle shop near you you can find thicker pieces of leather there.

Little too difficult to identify with out more pics.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:49 pm 

xRyNo wrote:
Hey there,

First post on this forum so I'm looking forward to getting into what looks like a pretty great community. I'll get right to what I need help with. I found a break-barrel rifle in my dad's basement. It won't lock when I try to cock it, and I can't seem to find any form of insignia or brand name to look for replacement parts. My guess is that the whole action needs to be replaced. I can pull the barrel all the way down but the spring won't lock in place.

As you can probably tell I'm a complete newby but this is something I'd really like to get into. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pictures below.

Image Image

It appears to me you have a Slavia 624..maybe a different year from mine but yeah I would say it's a Slavia.Mine is over 40 years old and it shoots 291fps so whether its worth the trouble fixing ....or looking for parts...I don't know.The engraving on mine is quite worn but readable and it could be that the engraving on yours was ONCE there but has totally worn off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:48 pm 

xRyNo wrote:
Hey there,

Image Image

We would need more pics... you can try taking the action out of the stock to see if there's anything underneat it? You could also have a number stamped on the part of the stock that goes to your shoulder.
Look carefully there has to be a "made in somewhere" stamping, serial number or brand...

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:09 pm 
Supporting Members

I had a Bam B1 that looked like that............

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:18 pm 

Notec is correct, it's a Bam.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:22 pm 

I don't think its a Slavia and its definitely not a 624.

I think its a Pioneer Chinese.

is the trigger super loose try holding the trigger forward while cocking it see if it holds.

I agree some more pic's are needed how about a pic of the top back section of the gun like this

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:52 pm 

Thanks for the great responses! I will post more pictures and information tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:14 am 

Ace wrote:

is the trigger super loose try holding the trigger forward while cocking it see if it holds.

I agree some more pic's are needed how about a pic of the top back section of the gun like this

Upon closer inspection I have noticed an insignia where you said to look. It can barely be made out through the wear and the bit of rust that's formed. On top of that, your tip about holding the trigger forward did the trick!

It's tough for me to get a good picture of the insignia but there's a letter I in a diamond, some Chinese figures, and a word I can't quite make out. It appears to be Shanghai... something. I'm guessing these guys are the makers? http://www.airrifle-china.com/http://www.airrifle-china.com/

Now that we've got that figured out I'd love to know anything I can about the rifle.

Thanks again, can't believe the immediate and helpful responses I got within hours!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:58 am 

If you think you might want to sell it,,,DON'T TOUCH IT. Some of the guy,s on here will pay more for it as is, just for the pleasure of bringing it back to life. If that,s your thing to, power to ya. The diamond with the letter "I" in it is the Industry brand logo.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:29 am 

xRyNo wrote:
Upon closer inspection I have noticed an insignia where you said to look. It can barely be made out through the wear and the bit of rust that's formed. On top of that, your tip about holding the trigger forward did the trick!

It's tough for me to get a good picture of the insignia but there's a letter I in a diamond, some Chinese figures, and a word I can't quite make out. It appears to be Shanghai... something. I'm guessing these guys are the makers? http://www.airrifle-china.com/http://www.airrifle-china.com/

Now that we've got that figured out I'd love to know anything I can about the rifle.

Thanks again, can't believe the immediate and helpful responses I got within hours!

Your welcome always glad to help if i can. :wink:

So with that little remedy making it work that tells me your missing a trigger spring or it may have popped out of place and there may be other issues with it as well i also see your missing a front barrel sight good luck with your gun cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:01 am 

xRyNo wrote:
Ace wrote:

I have a Model 61 that looks exactly like the one in the o.p, its marked with a diamond and a I in the center and has MODEL "61" Shanghai China

It has the same problem :( have to hold the trigger forward to engage the sear... I havnt torn into her yet...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:14 am 

xRyNo wrote:

It's tough for me to get a good picture of the insignia but there's a letter I in a diamond, some Chinese figures, and a word I can't quite make out. It appears to be Shanghai... something.

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
I have a Model 61 that looks exactly like the one in the o.p, its marked with a diamond and a I in the center and has MODEL "61" Shanghai China

It has the same problem :( have to hold the trigger forward to engage the sear... I havnt torn into her yet...

Hacked2Pieces- I think you got it and they look to be identical to the Pioneer.

Shanghai model 61 below

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:12 pm 

Sorry I don't know how I managed to forget to mention this in the last post. There's a Model "51" just below the I insignia. So I guess I have a Shanghai Model "51" with a missing front sight and some rust. joe hickey mentioned that some people might want to buy something like this. How much might it go for?

Oh and one more thing. If I do decide to keep it does anyone know where I might look to find out how to disassemble the action? I've taken most of it apart in my earlier attempts to get it to fire but was unable to get the action apart. I'd also like to reitterate that I am a complete newbie and I've heard opening the action can be quite dangerous.

Oh and one more thing. My research can't turn up anything about the Model 51. Plenty about the 61, but nothing about mine. What gives?

Once again, thanks for all the help! You guys are awesome. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:46 pm 

xRyNo wrote:
Oh and one more thing. My research can't turn up anything about the Model 51. Plenty about the 61, but nothing about mine. What gives?. :D

You absolutely sure its a 51 not 61 ? :?