Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Need help please.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 pm 

Hello everyone.
I have a ( Canadian tire bought ) Beeman 1040 Series air rifle with .22 cal. The thing chews up the breach oring. so I need to lap it but my problem is no one can tell me what oring goes in it. I have tried Beeman in California who gave me a list of US guys but they can't help. I have tired Canadian Tire but that is a bigger joke.I have been to several automotive stores with a wide selection of orings but nothing matches. If the oring fits in the grove then it is not thick enough. Does anyone have an idea of the oring that fits this piece of crap.
Thx
Francisco

Post subject: Re: Need help please.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 pm 

Have you tried a hydraulic shop, or such?

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:08 pm 

No I haven't Thx for the suggestion. I was hoping to actually get a specific number so that I can easily order them in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:17 pm 

Take your old one, and maybe the piece it needs to fit upon for sizing. Once that's done you will have a # that can be readily found with ease.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 am 

flyingfrancisco wrote:
If the oring fits in the grove then it is not thick enough.

If you can find the right o-ring that's ideal, but if not, you can probably shim the groove to make a thinner one work. I've heard of people making shims by punching out thin aluminium or layers of paper. You can even use a couple of turns of dental floss which works better than you'd think and can even act as a reservoir for oil :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:28 am 

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I have been using Teflon tape but the orings that i found locally are just a little thin. If you fill the bottom of the grove with tape or a paper shim the rifle loses alot of power because the side walls of the grove are not compensated for.I will have to "mic" the thickness and order some oring materiel and cut them make them myself. I just wanted to avoid the work and the expense to have this shipped to me. I am also rebuilding a Daisey Powerline 880. I found a great site online. Parts were $24.00 Canadian for basically a few orings and a valve but shiipping was $41.00 for something that fits in an small envelope Not worth it. That will be about$75 when all finished. Not worth it for me.
I was hoping someone had bought some here already and could give me a part number and I could order many cuz this gun chews them up
Thx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:43 am 

Sounds familiar. Shipping can be a real killer in Canada, speaking from both sides of the customer/vendor fence.

I went through a similar issue with o-rings for my p-17, and eventually ordered from oringsandmore on ebay. Shipping was $3.50 which I thought was pretty reasonable. Of course, it's hard to do that if you don't have the size for the o-ring you need.

Sometimes the high shipping prices that show on websites are a limitation of the website software and if you get in touch you might find they can throw a couple of rings in an envelope for a lot less.