Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:49 pm 

Got my fingers crossed for ya! My Altaros regulator seems to be working pretty good :) when i get chrono connect up and running i will post some charts along with the things I've done.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 pm 

Knappr wrote:
Well did some surfing this morning and came across a video that showed me what I'm up against, seems like a simple job. Now just to figure out how I'm going to remove the gauge/fill cap from the tube without doing any damage. So now it's time to start disassembling the front end of the tube, and I'm hoping an old employer has the orings I'll be looking for.

This sure has been an interesting experience, before long I will have done a complete rebuild on this rifle. As much I get sick of working on machines because of my job, I'm really loving this overhaul project of at44-10. I just hope when the moment of truth does finally come, the gun performs the way I'm intisipating it to.

Thanks again to all those how have and will have helped achieve my goals with this gun!

Good Luck and lots of fun... and lots of air for your chrony testing to be sure you're getting consistent numbers

I did with my S410 and bought a lot of extra spare parts for tinkering around with to see what does what best. I can disassemble my S410 with my eyes closed now.

Were you able to get the reg out of the tube? How I did with mine was get the right screw to screw into the bottom of the piston and attached it to a string to pull out the reg. But this is with the S410 so I'm not sure how the config is with your Hatsan.

BTW... Audrius was great to deal with regarding my failed reg... He's sending my a new reg for a small shipping fee. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:08 pm 

I didn't bother to remove it, but I did notice the threaded hole in which would except a certain sized threaded rod or bolt. I'll have to make a puller devices once I find out the exact thread size.

I should have some free time this coming week in which I hope to modd the stock for easy hammer adjustment, install dry kit on hill pump and rebuild my air cylinder. I'm hoping to get enough seals for the air cylinder to create to complete re-seal kits for future rebuilds, does anyone know the oring numbers for the tube end seals. Just trying to save myself a few minutes of labour. Thanks

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:03 pm 

So the gun is now assembled! Audrius regulator set to 90 bar with the low velocity valve stem installed. The tank is holding air perfectly and things are flawless so far, now that I've completely overhauled the air cylinder. No hammer adjustments have been made, I'm just completing my function examination before continuing on in to the tuning and data side of things. I'm estimating 60 rounds per cylinder from 180bar and from the penetration into the duct seal I'm guessing 650-800fps with 7gr hobby pellets. It cuts a 3/8 hole at 10m using red dot, and that was just my first real experience shooting the at44. Love it! So nice, just work a bolt or lever and its ready to fire again.

From looking at the continues accuracy, I guessing the regulator is working perfectly!

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S