Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:42 pm 

I wanted to post the schedule for the June 15 shoot in Hanna.

Practice range will be open from 8:30 am until 10:30 am. Registration will also take place at this time.
Shooters meeting at 10:45.
Match will start at 11:00 am and we will have a 15 minute break somewhere around the middle of the shoot for bathroom breaks etc.
This will be a 60 shot match so I am estimating that we will wrap up around 3 (ish).
Immediately following the shoot we will have awards and then beef-on-a-bun and refreshments.

We will be following the CAFTA rules for this match and they are posted on this forum as well as the FTCentral forum. Tim has offered to answer any questions if there are any. There will be a number of divisions including Open PCP, Open Piston, WFTF PCP and WFTF Piston as well as Hunter. If you are not sure which division you should be in don't worry, we will be able to sort out the divisions during registration. We will also have a chrony set up so that we can check the power of the guns if you are not sure. For the WFTF divisions they have to be no greater than 12 foot pounds. No guns over 20 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle will be allowed in the competition. Each division has a prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. As well, there are trophies for youth (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and a few door prizes. Timers will be used for the WFTF divisions but they do not have to be used for the open or hunter divisions - I thought this is something we might decide at the shooters meeting??? Anyone under the age of 16 years must shoot with an adult.

There may be a number of people who would be interested in attending the shoot but have never participated in a formal CAFTA match. Please do not let this stop you from coming out and giving this a try. Everyone is welcome whether you are an expert or beginner. It is also a great opportunity to get to know other FT enthusiasts. I have a few confirmations that I would like to mention since these are people you might be interested in meeting. Both George Harde and Tim MacSween (Mac on the forums) are flying out from Ontario as well as Jeff Hemming who is a member of Team Canada heading to Germany for the World FT Competition in September. Tim and George are both CAFTA Governors and a ton of help when it comes to answering anything FT related or helping clubs get started. I believe Tim is one of the founders of CAFTA and he is instrumental in promoting the growth of this sport in Canada. Some of you will have met Robbie Stewart and know that he has a huge amount of knowledge when it comes to Field Target. Robbie has competed at the Worlds on a number of occasions for South Africa and will compete with Team Canada this year. He is unquestionably an expert at FT and I have not seen a question that he hasn't been able to answer. I believe we will also have the opportunity to meet Biagio who is another member competing for Team Canada at the World Competition in Germany. Biagio would be flying from BC and his presence would be a moment of history for FT in Canada since there would be 3 provinces participating in the shoot. Finally, a lot of you know and shoot with Brian who has dedicated a ton of time to organizing shoots in Alberta. For the Olds group, he will be a very familiar and respected face. I am trying to get a few shooters from Saskatchewan so if any of you are reading this ...

I am hoping that anyone wishing to attend will confirm by Sunday so that I can order the proper amount of food. I will post directions right away.

Barb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 pm 

Brennan and I will be there
Will be a great day - :D
Brian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:47 am 

Looks like I will be unable to attend this meet. I'll try again next time.

Rich

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:24 am 

Castle02 wrote:
Looks like I will be unable to attend this meet. I'll try again next time.

Rich

X2 unfortunately

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:16 am 

I am unable to attend as well.

Al

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 am 

I will attend
Possibly my son as well

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
I will attend
Possibly my son as well

That's good news. I have some part for the B51 to give you. Different transfer ports and things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:01 am 

Unfortunatly it is looking that myself and the pack wont be able to make it.
My regards on missing out on the shoot.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:47 pm 

I will be there!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:41 am 

Still waiting to hear from some of the AIR FT group. This is a great opportunity to experience a FT match, to meet up with new friends and have a full day of shooting, topped off with a great meal.

Please drop me an email if you need more info or want to discuss classes to participate in.

cft.mac@gmail.com

This is an Alberta thing, please support it if you can.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:18 pm 

:D Awesome :D
The shoot out at Hanna was awesome
Lots of knowledgeable people
Learned lots and had fun
Got there on Friday night and missed out on the awesome ham dinner for Kraft Dinner (Too Hungary to wait) :lol: :lol:
Overall did good on the competition Saturday
Most of my misses where because of the wind :( :(
We all when home happy and with a prize and some of us awards
Thanks to Barb for setting this up and letting us camp out in her yard :D :D
Next thing to get..... Nice FT rig :)

Brennan 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:01 am 

X2
Totally fantastic time
Thanks to Barb for all her hard work in setting everything up
Allowing us to camp in the yard / food / use of her house / ect. ect.
Very nice person with a great family
Lane set-up was very good
Wind - wow - that made things tricky - but fun too
Meeting George / Tim and Jeff - totally awesome
Great fellows - lots of info to absorb from them
This was a very fun time and really glad I did not miss this shoot
I have never done anything like this before
We will get this going in Central Alberta too
Time to invest in some targets - :twisted:
Will post pics later - got lots - :D :D :D
Brian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:45 pm 

Was a fabulous day and will write more when I can.
Thank you all

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:03 pm 

That was a good day for sure!

Thank you Barb and family for your hospitality. Next time be staying for the after shoot conversations :)
Tim, it was great to meet you in person and thank you for the helpful advice freely shared.
George, thank you as well for the advice and encouragement, I had a blast.

Was nice to see so many young folks shooting and shoot well with those springers!
Learned a thing or two that day. I need to know my gun, one gun, one scope, one pellet!!!!!
Need to spend some time learning what the trajectory is for that combo.
Figure to make a sled with a good sized target mounted on a sled and a rope with knots every five yards. Going to shoot groups and pull
that sled towards me and repeat every knot. Seems to me to be a good way to learn the hold over/under required for such shooting.
Get a bum bag and good boots. Maybe lose about 20 pounds to be able to bend over like these pros do.
Get a gun stand with handles to carry the rifle, pellets and a bottle of water. Gonna bring along a 90 c.i. filler tank for the extra air if required.
Slow down and take more of the allotted time.
Shoot more with intent to learn that one gun!
Sell guns to fund trips to shoots!

Enjoy the time with good people young and old.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:17 pm 

great experience summary! You obviously profited well by it. I sure wish I could have done the same.