Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Barrel Upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:19 pm 

I have a 1377 & a 2240 that I'd like to install longer barrels on to. I've never done it before. What's involved and what length barrels would you recommend?

I'm thinking I'll need a new barrel band and a steel breech.

Post subject: Re: Barrel Upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 pm 

14"-20" if you intend to put a shoulder stock on them. About as long as I care for anyways. If not adding the shoulder stock, I would cut that down to a max of 12"...any longer is just too long for a pistol IMO...prefer 10" which the 1377 already has.

1377; you can either drill out the step in the barrel band or use a barrel band from a 2289. If staying .177, all you need then is the barrel. If converting to .22, you'll need the barrel and a .22 bolt, might as well order the transfer port for a 1322 as well.

2240; If staying with .22 cal, all you need is the barrel. Barrel band is fine as is. If converting to .177, you'll need the barrel and the bolt. Could order a transfer port for a 1377 as well.

Will suggest that you clamp the breech to the tube and loosen the rear breech screw before attempting to remove the small socket head screw in the loading tray....this helps prevent stripping the head on that screw. When re-assembling, install both screws loosely, then clamp the breech down again. Snug the small screw first, then the large screw.

Snug...not horsed down. :wink:

HTH

Al

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:54 pm 

For the small screw on the breech, I did strip it while dismantling my 1322, and it was a pain in the buttock to extract it. I ordered a new one from Scopes and Ammo, and that one is of much better quality.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:06 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
14"-20" if you intend to put a shoulder stock on them. About as long as I care for anyways. If not adding the shoulder stock, I would cut that down to a max of 12"...any longer is just too long for a pistol IMO...prefer 10" which the 1377 already has.

1377; you can either drill out the step in the barrel band or use a barrel band from a 2289. If staying .177, all you need then is the barrel. If converting to .22, you'll need the barrel and a .22 bolt, might as well order the transfer port for a 1322 as well.

2240; If staying with .22 cal, all you need is the barrel. Barrel band is fine as is. If converting to .177, you'll need the barrel and the bolt. Could order a transfer port for a 1377 as well.

Will suggest that you clamp the breech to the tube and loosen the rear breech screw before attempting to remove the small socket head screw in the loading tray....this helps prevent stripping the head on that screw. When re-assembling, install both screws loosely, then clamp the breech down again. Snug the small screw first, then the large screw.

Snug...not horsed down. :wink:

HTH

Al

X2

IMHO I would say that a 14" barrel would be awesome along with a steel breech.
Also a nice brass air stripper too :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Just don't get the breech screw tight because it is a pain to get out

Brennan 8)