Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:22 pm 

Yes this week Cdn Tire has a gun cabinet on sale for $99, regularly priced at $199.
And it's the one piece gun cabinet capable of holding 10 rifles.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/1/Hunting/FirearmSecurityProtection/PRD~0755652P/Upright+Metal+Gun+Cabinet%2C+10-Piece.jsp?locale=en

I bought one but it's still in my car in the cardboard box so I can't tell you what it's like.
It's got to be better then the flimsy cabinet that I have now (holds 8 rifles and bolts together).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:37 am 

This is a decent cabinet, you will be challenged to fit 10 guns it though unless they are all short guns with only open sights...

I believe I got about 6 air rifles in there, mind you some them had big 10-50x60 and 8-32x56 scopes on them...Some just had open sights. I would say the quality is OK, especially considering the price, I am waiting for their massive $1000 safe with combo lock to go on sale again, I saw it for $500 once but didn't have the funds to buy it at the time...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 am 

i'd need 2 or 3 of these
lol
i'm not worried about fancy strong cabinets
i just need something to store my guns in
getting tired of them being hidden all over

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 am 

Okay I've unpacked my new gun cabinet and yes it is bigger than my first one but I too doubt that you could fit 10 rifles in it.
Most of my rifles have scopes which crowds the cabinet. I don't plan to sell my smaller cabinet I have enough rifles to fill both :D

And just in time for Father's Day the tool chest that I use for storing my pistols is on sale at Kent for only $89.99;
http://www.kent.ca/kbs/en/product.jsp?skuId=5855400&navAction=jump&navId=1167&prdId=5855400&catalogId=1167
I already have one and I'd like a matching one.

I think I'll buy two, one for my pistols and one for my garage tools.
One complaint that I have about this particular cabinet is that the drawers don't lock with the close of the top lid like quality too chests. You have to place two flat bars in from the top to block the drawers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:09 am 

my cabinet for my milling and lathe tools are the same
a drop down bar
once the top is lowered, it's all locked up
my problem is that cabinet is overfilled
lol
i'm tempted to make my own gun cabinet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:11 am 

Jamez99 wrote:
I believe I got about 6 air rifles in there, mind you some them had big 10-50x60 and 8-32x56 scopes on them...Some just had open sights. I would say the quality is OK, especially considering the price

Hey dont steal my post spammer :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:34 am 

This gun cabinet is a good deal for the price. It'll fit maybe six guns with scopes. A thing to watch for is the humidity level where you put your gun cabinet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:52 pm 

Dang! this is a great deal thanks!

I bought one 2 weekends ago for 145 and thought that was a good price. It is more solid than I thought it would be.
Hard to drill for sure.
Bolted it down in a long cupboard where we store hanging draps and sheets and material (nor sure what for though) and the stuff hangs in front and around it and it is invisible.
And yes it is nice and dry there.

I can get 6 rifles (only one scoped) in and am fitting out the left side with 2 pistol shelves to hold about 16 pistolis.

For my pistol lock up (not fire or water rated ..yet..) at home I put a silica pack in there used to keep shipments dry as well as making sure it was in a dry area.

I might get one of these to keep some rifles and ammo/ accessories at home in a safe rather than cleverly hidden somewhere I am likely to actually (often) forget......

Thanks for the lead SureShot.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:29 pm 

OLD THREAD........not sure this sale is still on. Unless they are having it again?

Crosman 2240

"Boredom sets into the boring mind." - James Hetfield

- Derek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm 

I guess the note about not stealing a post and spamming resurected it and I never noticed the original dates.

BUT a fresh search finds it on sale at 1/2 off (still/again?)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/1/Hunting/FirearmSecurityProtection/PRD~0755652P/Upright+Metal+Gun+Cabinet,+10-Piece.jsp

So we can go back to being excited by the sale!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 pm 

Sweeeeeeet!

Crosman 2240

"Boredom sets into the boring mind." - James Hetfield

- Derek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:06 pm 

I was just in cnd tire and they have the big boys on for 40%off...the real fire and water proof buggers.....if you have the transportation and a floor with the right load capacity go for it!! (remember capacity at the final spot AND all the way there...I have seen new "engineered" facilities have trouble because they forgot the loading on the route of travel to location of equipment install...)

I finished the pistol rack for my stack on 10 gun and can get 6 rifles (one scoped) and room for 20 pistols. Plus the ammo and magazines on the shelf. Now I need a stick on light to attached to the underside of the top and I am in business.

Attachments:
File comment: left side pistolis
IMG-20130921-00304.jpg
IMG-20130921-00304.jpg [ 69.71 KiB | Viewed 666 times ]
File comment: right side rifles
IMG-20130921-00302.jpg
IMG-20130921-00302.jpg [ 78.8 KiB | Viewed 666 times ]