Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:04 pm 

Received an e-mail from Travis at AGS to inform me my parts for my 22 to 177 conversion project has arrived and ready to be shipped. Parts are everything I need and the 177 barrel is the carbine version.

I have a full size S410 Xtra FAC and the carbine version of the S510 FAC both in .22 cal and both are stock configuration with no mods. Besides the conversion parts, lots of spare AA parts, extra air cylinder with a vent hole drilled into it for a reg I also have a brand new and old (worn o-rings) Audrius regulator.

My goal, beside having a FAC rated .177 cal PCP, is to create an FT air rifle in hopes that some day in the near future I can participate in the FT matches in Ontario.

I'm thinking about my options before I begin my project and hope I can get some opinions and input as the route to go:

1 - Convert the S510 Carbine FAC and leave it stock configuration and work with a power curve.

2 - Convert the S510 Carbine FAC and install the longer air cylinder and Audrius regulator and have it set for just under 20 ft/lb with .177 cal. and increase shot count but not that aesthetically pleasing.

3 - Convert the S410 Xtra and leave it stock configuration, work with power curve and hope there is no pellet clipping the internals of the longer shroud with the carbine barrel combination as I can not get those specific replacement parts through AGS anymore or just remove the internals all together.

4 - Convert the S410 Xtra and re-install the old air cylinder and Audrius regulator and have it set for just under 20 ft/lb with .177 cal and increase shot count, also removing the shrouds internal parts to avoid possible pellet clipping.

What are your opinions?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:39 pm 

For those that are interested... Completed my AA S410 Xtra FAC .22 to .177 conversion project. Decided to use my S410 with the .177 carbine barrel. Very quiet with the stock shroud and carbine barrel combo. No clipping with the internals. I forgot how flat the .177 cal shoots.

Going to chrony this weekend to see what numbers I'm getting with Premier 7.9 and 10.5 gr. If I need to I may have to trim the hammer spring so the I can achieve 18ft/lb average, 20 ft/lb max at full power.

Anybody thinking of doing a caliber conversion and is a DIY'er on their S410/510 the parts can be ordered from AGS and with all the parts needed plus a few extra pieces on had rang in $277 shipped.

Stay Tuned for the chrony results.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:08 pm 

She's all ready for the FT matches... now if I can only get the days off for the upcoming PC matches.

Also tempting the idea of putting in the new reg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:46 pm 

I think i have a thing for AA's :tonqe: you have some very nice guns. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:07 pm 

I love AAs!

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:29 pm 

How about these AA's photos? I oiled the stock on the S510 over the weekend while tinkering with the S410.

Different angle and lighting conditions:

Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 pm 

Soooo nice!!

8)