Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Tools (dumb question)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:11 am 

Does anyone know what this plastic thing is called? The plastic thing that holds the screwdriver bit..?

Also where can I buy them? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:38 am 

I have set similar to those made by Snap-on. I call them Palm screwdriver. I also have one that has a 1/4" ratchet into it also Snap-on.

KG Good tools last a lifetime and are a worthy investment. Sorry for flippin' you crap about the adjustable wrenches! They usually do more damage then good.

Here are a few of my Gunsmith Tools!
Have had this for years when I got out of Army and tried gunsmithing for a living!
I just bought these and found them to be "The" BEST! Very well made and ground perfectly! Tempered to be tough and durable!
Got this for all the #2 Robertsons(Square drive), a Canadian invention, on the Crosman guns! The red handled one(C).
Also buy a set of Allen wrenches of good quality! These are some of the best we use at work!
http://www.bondhus.com/bondhus_products/tool_categories/l-wrenches/index.html

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:15 am 

Lee Valley Tools; http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/Search.aspx?action=n
62 pages of just screwdrivers....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:08 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
Also buy a set of Allen wrenches of good quality! These are some of the best we use at work!

These are absolutely top shelf as far as Allen wrenches go, I have torqued some of these beyond 30* (due to force applied/required) and nothing...no cracks. These things are tough as nails, as they say "Gorilla proof tools" :lol:

EDIT: KG you should grab yourself a Mastercraft "tool set" when they go on sale at Canadian Tire (usually from 30-70% off), they are not the best quality, but the lifetime warranty makes up for that :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:32 am 

Don't need anything special, just those plastic screwdriver bit caps or whatever you call them? I do will only use them to remove my 22xx stock in a pinch, those plastic handle are perfect because they are light and compact enough to put on a key chain if I drill the plastic out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:40 pm 

Merely buy the proper 'driver handle' that comes with a variety of 'tips' inside the handle - problem solved. I've personally never seen those little plastic 'handles' anywhere - must be a 'Back East' kitchen tool.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:48 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
I have set similar to those made by Snap-on. I call them Palm screwdriver. I also have one that has a 1/4" ratchet into it also Snap-on.

KG Good tools last a lifetime and are a worthy investment. Sorry for flippin' you crap about the adjustable wrenches! They usually do more damage then good.

Here are a few of my Gunsmith Tools!
Have had this for years when I got out of Army and tried gunsmithing for a living!
I just bought these and found them to be "The" BEST! Very well made and ground perfectly! Tempered to be tough and durable!
Got this for all the #2 Robertsons(Square drive), a Canadian invention, on the Crosman guns! The red handled one(C).

Ooooh I love those mini ratcheting wrench! I'm a locksmith so I like all those cool little tools. I have all the weird bits that are used in public places and the long screwdriver sets with the small triple zero bits. I could spent as much money on tools as I do on airguns.
I wasn't nicknamed Doctor Gadget for nothing (I'm not a cop and inspector was already taken, we called our locksmithing teacher professor gadget so the teacher and the other students called me doctor gadget and it sticked.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 pm 

Well for Christmas I used to get Craftsman tools! I have two huge rolling 5' X 5' tool boxes with Craftsman, Snap-on, Matco, Brownell's and other gun specific tool kits. Just a few woodworking tools...tablesaw and 12" sliding chopsaw and two routers. Would really like a planer and standup drill press!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177