Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:36 pm 

Edmonton's Indoor Air-Gun Range is NOW OPEN!

I'm the founder and CEO of Stormbringer Air-Gun Range and Supply in Edmonton Alberta.

We've recently opened for business and are eager to get the word out about our facility and develop air-gun shooting sports in it's various forms in the Edmonton area.

Information about our facility can be found on our website at http://www.air-guns-canada.com, or you can visit us at:

9340 34th Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta
in Strathcona Square behind New Asian Village Restaurant

Those interested in competition, leagues, or being on our mailing list are encouraged to e-mail daryl@storm-bringer.ca.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Daryl Hunter
Aim For Fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:25 am 

WOW! Well done!! Congratulations on getting your business up and running and pursuing your vision. Here's hoping that your idea will catch on with Edmontonians and that you'll develop a strong customer base. If I lived in Edmonton I'd be signing up today!! (I'm on the Forum all the time, no idea why I only saw your post today? )

How great would it be if this inspired folks to set up similar facilities in other communities around Canada? Such a shame that at this point in time it's not possible in Toronto, where responsible target shooters are denied an opportunity to legitimately practice their sport because of that most destructive combination of criminality and lazy politics (Lately in Toronto they seem to be one and the same!!)

Also, your website looks great! Clean, appealing visuals and a very clear message.

It would be nice to see a few more words of support from other members here for someone who is promoting our sport / hobby in a new and innovative way!! :shock:

Again, well done and best of luck with your business!!
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am 

Congratulations, and good luck with the business-sure wish there was a similar facility here in the Toronto area.
As Helipilot pointed out, things are likely too political in this area to allow it...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:55 pm 

Nice to see a Airgun business take-off!
Congratulations!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:12 pm 

Hope to visit Edmonton one day - and will for sure drop in!

:)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:13 pm 

Stormbringer Air-Gun Range and Supply is eager to get CAF members through our doors and involved with the development of local air-gun shooting sports in the form of formal and informal competitions and leagues. I am open to any suggestions or thoughts and can be e-mailed at daryl@storm-bringer.ca

As a little incentive we are providing CAF members with a 50% discount on range admission, or $12.50 off any shooting package, until October 1st, 2013.

Come check out our range and proshop and Aim for Fun! Today

http://www.air-guns-canada.com/

http://www.air-guns-canada.com/?attachment_id=1703

http://www.air-guns-canada.com/?attachment_id=1702

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:47 am 

Congrats on the new business and hope it does well
I'd support something like this in the Hamilton/ Toronto/ Niagara area!!!!

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:34 pm 

Have you thought about doing kids parties? locally we have an indoor archery range that has a separate
range for their youth program. They do neat things like pop bottles, CDs, stuffed animal targets. They'll do a intro, range
Rules, and provide a range officer. It probably gets more kids involved in their competitive program.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:06 pm 

We've had shooters as young as 5 on the range with teens and pre-teens more common.

We support groups of all descriptions with partial and full facility rentals. Stags, birthday parties, corporate team building, and windups are a few of the events we have hosted to date.

We've got it all and are constantly evolving and improving our offering.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 am 

I'm bumping this so I can find it on my phone as I may have some free time in the Edmonton area soon.

peaceriverguy wrote:
Airguns are like cats. People think that they'll be fine alone, but they really need company. And don't you want your airguns to be happy?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:06 am 

We need something like this in Calgary. When tell the local ranges that I am bringing my air rifle, they snicker.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm 

Wish you were closer, there is nothing in Montreal region :cry: :cry: All my best wish 8)

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:32 am 

I was just saying to my wife yesterday how I would like to get back into airguns but would need somewhere to shoot. And then I see this, only about 5 mins away from my house. Definitely going to check out it out today when they open.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:06 pm 

Stormbringer Air-Gun Range and Supply is striving to build various air-gun leagues and competitions. All of it is informal right now and really cheap and accessible.

Here's a summary on what's going on.

Benchrest Air-Rifle Shooting Competition: Feb 1, 2014 - March 31, 2014
http://www.air-guns-canada.com/winter-benchrest-air-rifle-challenge-competition/

Cold-15 Air-Rifle Competition - Every other Saturday @ 10:15 am - 11:30 am & Every other Tuesday 6:30 pm - 7:30. This is a drop-in competition open to anyone. $5.00 to complete, $5.00 more if you need a range gun to compete. Includes Everything you need to compete.

Tri-Pistol Challenge - Every other Saturday @ 10:15 am - 11:30 am & Every other Tuesday 6:30 pm - 7:30. This is a drop-in competition open to anyone. $5.00 to complete, $5.00 more if you need a range gun to compete. Includes Everything you need to compete.

Top Shot Challenge - Every Wednesday @ 7:30 pm. $10.00 to compete + CO2, pellets, and gun rental if needed.

Iron Plate Action Shooting - Every Thursday 7:45 - 9:00. $5.00 to compete + CO2, pellets, and gun rental if needed.

Check the calendar for events, specials, and details. http://www.air-guns-canada.com/calendar/

20% Discount Coupon- http://www.air-guns-canada.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Winter-Gun-Fun-Voucher-Expire-March-15-2014.pdf

Lots going on and a ton of gun fun to be had!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:43 pm 

I would have thought the unlimited class would be just that, unlimited, including velocity.