Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:37 pm 

The "upgrades" look interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZNACoZdsHs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 pm 

It looks like an EV2.5

Butt hook, air stripper, fancy wood.

I think that's about all the difference.

I hope they made a different regulator, which does not have any problems.

Biagio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 pm 

Biagio26 wrote:

Biagio

Did you have problems with the Reg on your EV2, Biagio?

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 am 

blade57 wrote:
Biagio26 wrote:

Biagio

Sounds to me he let the reservoir fall below reg pressure, which is a bad idea on any gun with a regulator, not a sign of a bad regulator :roll: If his regulator is bad it is still under warranty through AGS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:56 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
blade57 wrote:
Biagio26 wrote:

Biagio

Sounds to me he let the reservoir fall below reg pressure, which is a bad idea on any gun with a regulator, not a sign of a bad regulator :roll: If his regulator is bad it is still under warranty through AGS

I helped Biagio on the day in question, and in this case I'm afraid it is a suspect reg. The rifle just lost all it's air whilst sitting on the gun caddy. It was a cold day (around 5 Deg C) and we couldn't fill it after that. My advice to him was to take it home and leave it inside where it is warmer, and try to charge it again. He did it, and successfully filled it on the first attempt. I had run into the same problem with my EV2 MkIII on a few cold winter mornings in South Africa. Contrary to popular belief it gets to a few degrees below freezing in SA! :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:23 pm 

Yeah- right, OldVan - do you also have Brass Monkeys?
Ha! just kidding, couldn't resist. :D :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:45 pm 

Daryl wrote:

Haha Daryl, I've scaled WAY down. At the moment I only have 3 air rifles and 2 pistols, but who knows what the future holds! :wink: Sorry I missed you at Pemberton, but I'm on a bit of a rocky road financially at the moment since being laid off in May. Hopefully things will change soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 pm 

Old Van wrote:
Daryl wrote:

Haha Daryl, I've scaled WAY down. At the moment I only have 3 air rifles and 2 pistols, but who knows what the future holds! :wink: Sorry I missed you at Pemberton, but I'm on a bit of a rocky road financially at the moment since being laid off in May. Hopefully things will change soon.

Deon I just got back from Abby ,ran a few distan :mrgreen: ces with new gun and put Leapers on the 97 ,all went well..sorry for hijack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:42 am 

Old Van wrote:

I helped Biagio on the day in question, and in this case I'm afraid it is a suspect reg. The rifle just lost all it's air whilst sitting on the gun caddy. It was a cold day (around 5 Deg C) and we couldn't fill it after that. My advice to him was to take it home and leave it inside where it is warmer, and try to charge it again. He did it, and successfully filled it on the first attempt. I had run into the same problem with my EV2 MkIII on a few cold winter mornings in South Africa. Contrary to popular belief it gets to a few degrees below freezing in SA! :D

I see, odd that bit wasn't added to the for sale thread the gun was in, in any case, it was recently purchased so all he has to do is call AGS and have it looked at...

But thanks for the info :drinkers:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:35 pm 

Unfortunately, reg problems on EV2 rifles are very well documented on many forums. It was the "Achilles Heel" on the EV2 rifles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:04 pm 

globalstar66 wrote:
Unfortunately, reg problems on EV2 rifles are very well documented on many forums. It was the "Achilles Heel" on the EV2 rifles.

Absolutely they are, the OP recently bought his, so it is still under warranty anyway. My reg needs a reseal soon as well...

When they are set properly they are spot on, the reg issue would not dissuade me from buying one...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:53 pm 

I agree - they shoot damn well. I would also have the reg serviced while still under warranty. I am sure AA would have learnt with their EV2 regs - I am sure the new FTP900 would not have that kind of issue.

A lot of rifles have reg issues from time to time, difference is that Walther, Steyr etc have very easy to replace regs. A guy with 2 left hands can do it in 5 minutes. And the nice thing about Steyr, is that the public can deal directly with the factory. You simply email them telling them what you want, and the next day there is a package on the way to you with the requested parts - free of charge. Regs included. That is the reason I personally love the Steyr rifles.

But I do like the improvement of the FTP900 over the EV. Looks pretty much the same in a lot of areas, but all new parts.

Time will tell. Wonder when US and Canadian pricing will be made public though. Interested to see the new prices.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:58 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
globalstar66 wrote:

Absolutely they are, the OP recently bought his, so it is still under warranty anyway. My reg needs a reseal soon as well...

When they are set properly they are spot on, the reg issue would not dissuade me from buying one...

What I found with mine was, that it helped to store the rifle with a fully charged air cylinder. After I started doing that, the problem disappeared.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:30 am 

Old Van wrote:
What I found with mine was, that it helped to store the rifle with a fully charged air cylinder. After I started doing that, the problem disappeared.

Im not sure what is going on with mine, sometimes it leaks, sometimes it doesn't, always very slowly. Doesn't seem to be related to pressure in the res. that I noticed, it shoots fine when it is full but I have had it "drop a shot" after sitting for a little while, then being shot, which is a symptom of a bad reg :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 pm 

Can you change the regulator with an aftermarket one like the one from Robert Lane?