Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:11 pm 

Hi people. I'm new around here. My name's Matheus, but you can call me Mathew (english version hehe)

Well, i've recently bought a PT-25. It's a beatiful handgun. Liked it a lot. However, after eight shots (1 clip), the rotatory magazine just stopped rotating. Some people say that it's the spring that holds the little magazine in place. I would like your opinion over this matter, i'm very sad, it's a brandnew handgun. Can anyone tell me the origin of this problem and help me with it? And anyone knows how to disassemble the PT-25? Another thing, the mechanism that rotates the clip is powered by the gas' cylinder or by the finger's pressure on the trigger?

Thanks, att. Mathew

"Preserve the wildlife."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:32 pm 

Quote:
matheusmello wrote
Another thing, the mechanism that rotates the clip is powered by the gas' cylinder or by the finger's pressure on the trigger?

The magazine (clip) is rotated by the trigger pull. The slide cocks the hammer during blowback. The Gamo PT-25, PT-85, Beretta PX4 Storm and Umarex Desert Eagle are automatic revolvers!
Kinda like the old Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver. Strange animals they are.
Regarding disassembly you have to drive out a thin solid steel pin in the frame above the trigger guard (not the hollow one). Be careful because that pin is slightly glued so you must be patient. Use a light hammer and a steel punch of a correct diameter. Then pull back the slide and just lift a bit and it will go forward. That's it.
Your problem is most likely just a magazine (clip) malfunction. You can buy the spare magazines for the PT-25/85 nearly everywhere.
Also browse the websites below:
http://umarexboysclubforum.myfineforum. ... _8746.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GNTs406Rlg
http://www.digitalproduction123.ca/repl ... opt25.html

By the way, I own the Gamo PT-85.

Last edited by rav on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:37 pm 

Yeah... But I've tested the gun with two diferrent magazines (well, four clips) and got the same result T.T Another thing: the little pin that rotates the clip barely moves when I pull the trigger (of course, without cylinder and looking into the gun by the magazine's hole), in such way that it can't reach the magazine, I think... Could be that??

"Preserve the wildlife."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:44 pm 

Quote:
Yeah... But I've tested the gun with two diferrent magazines (well, four clips) and got the same result T.T Another thing: the little pin that rotates the clip barely moves when I pull the trigger (of course, without cylinder and looking into the gun by the magazine's hole), in such way that it can't reach the magazine, I think... Could be that??

Then it could be the indexing pawl. Like here: http://umarexboysclubforum.myfineforum. ... _8746.html
In this case you have to disassemble/field strip the pistol.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:59 pm 

Thanks, friend, now i know what to do... Thanks by your effort on finding that link ^^ Well, now i just have to decide on opening the gun or get it back to the store and replace with a new one (the bad side: the store is 120 miles from here '-')...

"Preserve the wildlife."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:05 pm 

Quote:
Well, now i just have to decide on opening the gun or get it back to the store and replace with a new one (the bad side: the store is 120 miles from here '-')...

Now you have a real dilemma! Normally, I would recommend to replace the pistol with a new one but travelling 120 miles...........Tough decision, indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:13 pm 

Hehehe, but 120 miles worth the fun with this gun... By the way, getting there i could buy another gun, like a PCP... Lols, just kidding... Do'nt have the money hehe... In the finall, I think that I will get it there... That's something to decide tomorrow: today I've got enough problems with this little handgun ^^.

"Preserve the wildlife."