Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:43 pm 

Hey! just got the Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 in the mail a few days ago, and thought I might run this by you guys. First issue was when I went to mount the scope. Installed the scope and went to sight it in at 10 yards just to get it close for the range, and found it shooting to the left about 1.5 '' with the windage all the way to the right. while messing around with the scope mounts and trying 3 different scopes and mounts I realized that all 3 scopes were visually pointing to the right. The barrel and the air tube were both in alignment with each other and determined that there might be a machining problem with the rails by sticking my tongue out and using a straight edge and such. anyways managed to get the scope almost perfectly aligned by flipping the front mount the opposite direction as the rear. So, went to the range to test how straight the scope was at the range at different distances. Stayed centre at all ranges from 10 to 100y. Then while I was out there I noticed that the pellet drop was not staying very constant in the 130 to 190 bar range which i thought should be the sweet spot. When I got it home i found the barrel seals where leaking A LOT. Took the barrel out and the top of both seals were torn right up. so I look inside the bore where the barrel slides in and find burrs hanging down where the threads were tapped to clamp the barrel down. had to sand the burrs off to reinstall the new o rings without wrecking them. now there is no leak and the drop is much more consistent. about 30 shots without drop from 190 bar. but when I had the barrel out I decided to role it around a bit on the table and found that the barrel has a slight bow in the centre and slight bend at the rear where the o rings seat. I am not sure if the bow i am seeing is the machining on the outside of the barrel or if in fact the inside bore is warped as well. I am not sure what the tolerances on the outside of the barrel might be. the important part (the bore) might be right on? What do you guys think? I have a return # from Umarex but am worried I will get another gun with some of the same problems. does any one know if there is a barrel upgrade or another barrel that can be used on this rifle. Thanks guys! Sorry for blabbing on for so long. Oh ya, using jsb exact heavy 10.3g and crosman premier 10.6g and hawk 8-32 x56. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:05 am 

This barrel: http://www.airgunforum.ca/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=84&osCsid=sfg9n77e65cvp09shvsej8ntc1

Your gun is made by Hatsan and is the same as a PAL rated AT44 10/22 with black synthetic stock and standard barrel. Every accessory, save 2, on this page will fit: http://www.airgunforum.ca/store/index.php?cPath=25&osCsid=sfg9n77e65cvp09shvsej8ntc1

Also, you'll probably find that heavier pellets in general are more accurate in this gun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:56 am 

For a PCP of that price you shouldn't expect Weihrauch or Diana quality.

I bought one about a year ago, knowing it is a bit of a project gun to slightly mod & get it shooting well. I have a stock barrel, which I de-burred the breech lead & crown, suggested by Voltar1.

I have only shot JSB Diabolo Exact 15.9gr .22CAL. They work great. :D

Hope you get yours shooting well. I find my Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 the most favorite gun I have, even over my Weihrauch HW97K.

Good luck.

Scott

Gamo Compact
Gamo .177, BSA Contender 4-16x40mm (Son's)
Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk .177 Centerpoint 3-9x32mm (Son's)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:48 pm 

Thank you very much guys!! you guys are awesome! What do you think an acceptable goop might be for this rifle @ 50 yards lets say? Just to have a goal.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:04 am 

To see if the barrel is bent, take it off & look through the barrel it into some good light. If there is not a perfect circle, the barrel is bent. Not sure how much they can have before it affects shooting. Voltar1 or rsterne would be the one's to ask more on the tech end of things.

Look at topic www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic47273-15.html .

You will see what suggestions Voltar1 gave me to check some problems I had.

By the way, I'm shooting a .22 CAL, but there shouldn't be any grouping differences with a .177 CAL, just need to find the pellets it likes.

For target, I have a Hawke Varmint 4-16x44. Using JSB pellets, with bench & bag rest, I can usually shoot less than a 1" @ 50 yards.

Good luck.

Scott

Gamo Compact
Gamo .177, BSA Contender 4-16x40mm (Son's)
Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk .177 Centerpoint 3-9x32mm (Son's)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:40 am 

A slightly bent barrel won't affect accuracy too much, not as bad as a bad muzzle crown or internal burrs. The military has had experimental guns with surpusely bent barrel for shooting around corners etc.

Accuracy issues with the repeater rifles can also be signs of loading issues, this I know from first hand experience. If you want tack driving accuracy with mid to lower end guns keep the guns simple, that my new way of thinking!

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:22 am 

If your barrel is bent less than this, I wouldn't worry....

The last inch or two at the muzzle is the important bit....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!