Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Canadian FT Nationals
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:19 am 

I just wanted to say a BIG thanks to all the organizers of this event on Saturday and Sunday. There was a HUGE effort that went into getting everything working like clockwork. To Tim and his team - THANKS - it was an awesome event.

It was great to meet all of you, and to eventually place a face to a name.

Congratulations also to all the winners in all the classes, and to all that competed and made it a great event.

Cheers from a cold Calgary this morning.

Robbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:39 pm 

X2

Nice to finally put a face to a name.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:03 pm 

Yes, excellent shoot and great group of competitors! Looking forward to 2014 already.

The only down side was on the 600km return trip having bjp in a faux South African accent launching into, "Lady, the jackals aren't #$%!ing my sheep..." what seemed like every few km. :wink:

Well, that and having flashbacks to the 1/4" reducers every time I use a urinal and see splatter off the edge of the drain holes!

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:15 pm 

It was good meeting you. Great shooting and hope to see you next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 pm 

dhb wrote:
The only down side was on the 600km return trip having bjp in a faux South African accent launching into, "Lady, the jackals aren't #$%!ing my sheep..." what seemed like every few km. :wink:

Hehehehehe :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:30 pm 

Yes it was a great weekend. Excellent time shooting with everyone and putting faces to names.

The best part is always chatting with everyone throughout the days and having fun at the sight in range. It was a great turn out this year, hope to see everyone back next year and many more...

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm 

Great match, great people, but the next person that mentions "reducer" to me gets kicked in the dangly bits!!!! dhb was still in competitive mode on the way home, every time there was a VW Golf wagon sized break in traffic he was asking how much hold off was required to make it through!!!! winning a 4th place plaque brings out his inner FT Ninja. I had nightmares about rabbits with itty bitty "hit zones" last night.

globalstar's "jackal" story rates as my favorite of all time :), I apologized to the Port Colborne Dairy Queen staff on behalf of dhb. If you meet him, ask him about the "liquid peanut butter" fiasco.

Congrats to all the winners, and all the other shooters as well ( I shot with Jeff on Sat and John on Sun, both of whom put up with me and made it a great experience).

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 pm 

REDUCER,REDUCER,REDUCER HAHAHA !Kick away I won't feel it . ROFLMAO. Damn did it again now I gotta try and get back up.LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:17 pm 

topher1266 wrote:
REDUCER,REDUCER,REDUCER HAHAHA !Kick away I won't feel it . ROFLMAO. Damn did it again now I gotta try and get back up.LOL

Whats that? did you say you need a 3/16 (.1875") reducer? cuz I can do that for you, still leaves you a generous .00525" p/side... :) :lol:

Or was it DHB & BJP that wanted those :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:20 am 

C'mon guys, how expensive can bigger drill bits be???????????? Remember, I'm in my 4th Trimester so not breathing long enough to even find the hit zone makes me pass out!

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:16 pm 

The bigger the hole the less ironic the "teardrop" shape I made them in becomes :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:50 pm 

If I can find a job before next year, I'd love to join you guys! :)

Hey Robbie, I now know the peanut butter story, but I want to hear the jackal story!