Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: TX200 Mk III vs TX200 HC
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:01 pm 

Is one more suitable for FT or it's all personal i.e. physique of the shooter? I would imagine the lighter weight of the HC would make it "easier" for the off-hand shots but the cocking effort is higher which could add up over 2 days. Would appreciate your comments.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:43 pm 

The HC is a bit smaller, it is still a hefty gun, but with a springer (or any gun really...) that weight helps work against the recoil. I know the MkIII is more forward heavy, as one would assume given the longer barrel; 13.19" vs 9.53" on the HC, still can't believe how accurate the gun is with only a 9.53" barrel, just seems so small :lol: The barrel cover is massive on the TX's too, which ads to the weigh significantly, I believe the barrel cover daimeter is 20MM (.787") :shock:

My HC has a pretty good crack and jolt when it goes off, i will be putting in the 12FPE Vortek kit in soon and assume it will take away some of that, but it currently shoots at 14FPE stock in .177cal, so I doubt it will make a huge difference just going from 14FPE to 12FPE...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:00 pm 

I had both, and I preferred the HC. But that may be just personal. I was just amazed at how accurate it was with that short barrel, and it prompted me to do many a modification on other springers (i.e. shortening barrels).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:34 pm 

I like the balance on my Mk III. It has the Vortex 12 fpe kit in it so it is as smooth as silk. Cocking can now be achieved with 1 finger :shock:

Sadly I think I am coming to the conclusion that I far prefer my PCP guns :( and am contemplating parting company with this magnificent peice of English engineering :(

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:03 pm 

Good to hear form fellas with first hand experience. Thanks a bunch for all the comments.