Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 am 

Hey all, I'm looking for a nice scope that fits my needs. I hunt small game, I'm usually in some thick woods but also target practice in my yard a lot (also in surrounded by thick woods. I'd estimate the usual range is within a 100 feet or so (basing of my 60ft driveway). I mean its usually never beyond that, but am always willing for a challenge. I wanted to know if a 4x scope or up to 8x scope is best for me. I have good eyes, I'm 20yrs old but my budget isn't too high like $150 scopes and up. I want to save $$ in case the recommended or desired scope requires mount/rings. Also any input from fellow small game hunters on size of scope (hunting small game i.e squirrels etc.) I don't think zoom or size of game through scope is critical BUT also don't want a cheap quality scope, just a bit of quality and size for easier aiming rather than through my fiber optic sights. And last but not least, I've seen some high mounts w/ peep sights, are they worth it? Because I like my fiber optic sights but am looking for more accuracy at range. Fiber optics for those sneaky up close shots. Thanks for any input/help!! P.S I have dovetail mount

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 am 

Hi, I have two of the leapers bug buster one is on my ruger 10/22 take down and the other one serves me when I transform my crosman 2240 into a carbine. they are good scope for the money glass is clear and the scope is very compact it came with quick detach rings wich I love. You can adjust parralax down to 3 yards that is fun for hunting bugs and bees ;) there are several model of bug buster look and seek one that fits your need the most. Good luck :)

http://www.airgunsource.com/store/index.php?product=LESCP-M432AOIEWQ
http://www.dlairgun.com/Scopes/Leapers/037_UTG_3-9X32_Compact_CQB_Bug_Buster_AO_RGB_Scope_SCP-M392AOLWQ.html
http://www.dlairgun.com/Scopes/Leapers/040_UTG_6X32_AO_Compact_CQB_Bug_Buster_IE_Scope_SCP-M632AOIEWQ.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:52 am 

X2, I have the 3 X 9 Bugbuster.

Also I have the Leapers Swat 4 X 12.
http://www.dlairgun.com/Scopes/Leapers/026_SWAT_3-12X44_AO_SCP3-U312AOIEW.html
A few dollars above your budget, but a nice Rifle scope. The BugBusters are great for carbines as they have a little but more eye relief(further away from the scope)

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:46 am 

I'm now running this one on my HW97- love it.
http://www.dlairgun.com/Scopes/Leapers/ ... AOIEW.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:10 pm 

Alright thanks for the replies guys... any scope recommendations that don't require batteries? And if they do require batteries, can they still operate fully without them? I mean does the battery just "light up" the crosshairs and the scope itself doesn't require them to use to its full extent?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:29 pm 

They are just for the reticles! You don't need them normally unless it is dark or your target is black or dimly lit forest! Then it is worth the one CR2032 batteries! I always carry a few spares!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:16 pm 

I have 3 of those scopes that need batteries to operate the red or green reticles. I don't put the batteries in them, as I'm saving them for my Dodge ignition key.

They work fine without batteries.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:51 am 

Ok thanks... I've came across the Simmons 3-9x32 22 MAG on scopesandammo, but have been reading that certain scopes can withstand a spring piston air rifle recoil. Anyone know if this scope can be used on my crosman phantom .22? I'm also searching really hard to find some dovetail mounts that aren't too expensive but with a see-thru/peep sight appropriate for the phantom .22's fiber optics for those really close up shots. I have my eyes on the Millet See-thru 1" dovetail 2 piece mounts, think this'll be decent for the phantom's sights? . Any recommendations? Plus is pyramidair's payment processes any different than a Canadian based site? I really like their prices, selection AND their pretty awesome 4 for 3 pellet deals. Thanks for the help and advice.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:02 pm 

Pyramid air won't ship pellets or optic,s to Canada. Their Canadian supplier is "airgun source" but don't expect the same price,s.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:37 pm 

Really? On there site right now it says "Ships to Canada" on every pellet I check out? Plus the 4 for 3 deal is in my cart, I've made it past the credit card info part but just to submit order and that's where I got a little suspicious. Other than that, even after I pay and everything they won't ship my pellets? Yeah there's a hefty $26 fee to get it up here... thanks for the reply!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm 

Buy from the Canadian stores. Sure there is a markup cause they have to pay shipping just to get it up here!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:08 pm 

Yea I know it's more reliable too, but pyramidair's pellet deal is awesome! I can't really find a Canadian site with the selection even close to pyramidair though. Any suggestions that have a large selection in Canada? I've been to scopesandammo (got my phantom and scope from there), camouflage.ca, gorillasurplus, airgunsource, dlairguns. I'm just wondering if any are bigger or have more variety than these ones.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:15 pm 

Also from Pyramyd Air you will get a bill from FedEx about three weeks later for the customs charges. Minimum $15. I know as I ordered from them BEFORE I found the nice people here on CAF! So last time I ordered pellets I had it sent to my parents and picked them up when I saw them at Easter. From now on I will just pay what they charge in Canada. Too much hassle with the extra shipping costs and Customs/brokerage fees.

What specific pellets are you looking for?

SSSO in BC has a good selection.
http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors.com/air-gun-pellets.html

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:35 pm 

I liked just the pellet deals mostly :D And I'm having a hard time finding reasonably priced dovetail mounts 1 or 2 piece with an adequate see-thru/peep sight for the phantom .22. I've found some I really like on scopesandammo that I really like though. And Yea I'll check out that site, I live in BC so shipping it here will be quicker and cheaper huh? Ok thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:47 pm 

M3ga3T wrote:
I liked just the pellet deals mostly :D And I'm having a hard time finding reasonably priced dovetail mounts 1 or 2 piece with an adequate see-thru/peep sight for the phantom .22. I've found some I really like on scopesandammo that I really like though. And Yea I'll check out that site, I live in BC so shipping it here will be quicker and cheaper huh? Ok thanks!

Where you located?

I know all about the good shopping in the US. Lived there up till 8 years ago! Girlfriend(then Wife) used to buy stuff online all the time and have it shipped to my place then I would bring it across the border(Coho ferry) every weekend!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22