Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:03 pm 

Creston B.C, small town with one hunting gear shop but nothing for airguns and really expensive scopes and what not, for actual firearms. Also, do you or anyone acquired or have experience with mount rings with peep sights or see thru? And any that are pretty good? The one I found on scopesandammo look large enough to comfortably look thru for the phantom. But also I'm not getting any until I find out how the Simmons 3-9x32 does for my phantom. Its going to be fun zeroing the scope! Aiming with the fiber optic sights is super hard at longer ranges i.e 20m and up. Idk if thats considered long range but it is for me lol. Especially seeing how squirrels and other birds like to hang out on the tops of trees around here mostly, which are pretty high. Although I've killed 2 squirrels already at pretty close range, same with a robin. I've missed the 2 chances I've had at a couple grouse here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:01 am 

I have some MagPul BUS(Back Up Sights) on my AR they are just a quick sight for short range use if your scope dies or batteries die in your Red Dot.

Hopefully this is what you are talking about?
http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/44

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:08 am 

There was a hawke 2-7*32mm scope for sale here on CAF that would work for you

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:13 pm 

i have a qb and u reused the scope on my old winchester 500xs that i threw away, it works great they are pretty cheep but it does the job, im guessing that if it came from a springer it would do the job for your rifle, maybe someone has on that is cheap! and you can maybe buy the gun for 90-125$ with the scope from a seller in the section.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:28 pm 

R4mn33k is actually selling one with the scope for 80$ so you get less than you demanding price for a scope and you also get a springer! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:43 pm 

Although I've killed 2 squirrels already at pretty close range, same with a robin. I've missed the 2 chances I've had at a couple grouse here.

Young man do yourself and everyone else a favour: if you must shoot robins and even grouse out of season don't tell everyone about it. In fact, stick to shooting targets, if you must kill birds shoot only crows, starlings, and grackles. Don't shoot game birds out of season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:08 pm 

Oh alright. I'm not sure about the grouse regulations, I'll have to look into it. I wonder though if it applies as I only ever hunt/shoot on my reservation land.. never endangering the people around me as I have a pretty big, but thick woodland property. Sorry about that, I'll for sure check my local laws and regulations and learn more... as for the robins, I feed the local stray cats around here... Thanks again!