Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: wftf world championship
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:53 pm 

Any news?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:18 pm 

you didn't win!!!!!

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 pm 

http://www.bds-field-target.de/wm2013/t ... scores.htm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:06 am 

They also have a lot of photos posted (including several days of setup). It really gets me thinking about the logistics of holding such a match (e.g. sight-in range for 300 shooters).

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:59 pm 

Thanks

I have looked at the site but could not find anywhere about what equipmenf the shooters were using. Did I miss it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 pm 

No equipment list that I could find...

Following the day-by-day results had me itching to shoot more competitions.

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:32 am 

I was on you tube last night on the wild tv page and they have a 6 part series on the world championship. They were sponsoring and following John Costello during the championship.

I would post the links but I'm only getting the mobile site. Here it is anyways in case it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj6fMT3EpQY&sns=em

I like the first part of the siries where he talks about his equipment. Interesting scope mounting system he has. I checked it out on the Leupold site.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:11 am 

Still not seen any equipment list, took them 4 days to get the results up.

Glad to have helped him out, but those Leupold bases and rings are really heavy and I do mean heavy. Had some back in 98, milled the dovetail in, shortened them about 1/2" from memory and still weighed well over 1lb.

Normal decent dovetail mounts are as good as anything, don't break the bank and robust. I have always used Sportsmatch, tried others and soon reverted back. Ok if have a proper cut deep dovetail, unfortunately its a rarity for most rifles these days to have them except Ripley, AA last four years certainly no German producer theyre all shallow circa 2mm depth. What that means is clamping a mount on will deform the dovetail and or have less grab no way of removing scope with a rezero.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:28 pm 

I learned alot. I told everyone, I'm not going to shoot in the worlds, I'm going to learn as much as possible. I had a lot of fun, we laughed so much I cried my little eyes out.

All I can say about the Worlds FT, it is FUN BIG Time. It does not matter how much you prectise, if you don't have the experience of the top guys, you don't know much. These guys have been shooting for 20+ years, very experienced, and shoot a proper match like every week of the year. The people I was most impressed by are the English, and the Welsh. My goodness these guys know what they are doing.

My personal result is a big minor. All I can say, I had lots of fun and enjoyed shooting the Worlds FT

Biagio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:41 pm 

Biagio spoke to Berty today and told me about the lack of trigger control and different discipline your used to. After some tuition your scores improved.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:34 pm 

Hi Jon. From what I can gather, it's not just me. I saw some top shooters doing the same thing. The Worlds were my very first proper match. Like I told everyone, I was not going to shoot in the worlds FT, I was going to learn how to shoot FT properly. Thanks to Mark, he helped me within 2 days, stop jerking the trigger. I have to say thank you very very much Mark. I will be practicing alot so I can be ready for the worlds in Portugal. I can't wait.

The worlds was a lot of fun. I loved the atmosphere, and the people were great. I think I will be back for more. If you haven't tried it you will not know what it is all about. Save your money, and don't by that new rifle, you think will make all the difference when you going to shoot in the worlds. Experience and practice is what it is all about, and pracrice those uphill and downhill shots.

Thanks

Biagio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:49 pm 

Glad you saw it that way at least you participated.
More importantly and how I see things is I do FT for enjoyment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:16 pm 

Hi Jon
It's like that in life as well, if you don't enjoy doing something, why do it in the first place. I love shooting, especially in competition, I love the atmosphere, and the people. People like to compete because it brings out the best and the worst in people. I love to compete, not to win, but to learn something, so next time I go out and do it, I maybe do it better. That's what strives me to compete, to break my previous record. Not for trophies and medals.

Thanks Jon

All the best

Biagio