Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hatsan bt65 help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:17 pm 

Hi all, I am a new member and I am sure this question has been asked ( actually multiple questions). First I just bought a Hatsan bt65 and as the power drops off the pellets drift to the left as well as down of course. I expect them to drop down but not to the left or right for that matter. Can I turn the barrel to alleviate this issue, is there a different method, can I get a Walther barrel for it. The first 5-6 shots are right on the money at 35 yards. I am shooting jsb exact kings 25.3 grain pellets no adjustments to the gun at this point.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Crosman Titan Nitro .22 CP3-9x32
Crosman 1377
Crosman 760 Power Master .177
Hatsan BT65 Elite .25 Leapers 3-12x44AO

Post subject: Re: Hatsan bt65 help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:44 pm 
Supporting Members

Check the crown on your barrel......sounds like it may be out of true

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:40 am 

Do you have a chrony? If the crown is good might not hurt to check for burrs at the transfer port as well. I find those heavy pellets want velocity to stabilize, so if after your first few shots your air pressure drops well then the accuracy is sure to suffer.

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:05 am 

:lol: Hi everyone I know it has been a while but I thought it would be worth it for anyone owning the same type of airgun. After I posted this issue I went and purchased an air stripper for the bt65 and man lyet me tell ya that was the answer. 54 shots all on the same fill up with in a hardball sized area at 50 yards. No drifting to the left slight drift down as expected if you have a 44 or a 65 get an air stripper for it you will be amazed.

Crosman Titan Nitro .22 CP3-9x32
Crosman 1377
Crosman 760 Power Master .177
Hatsan BT65 Elite .25 Leapers 3-12x44AO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:11 am 

That is interesting - sounds to me as if it was/is the crown after all and the air stripper alleviates the problem, somewhat. I would expect that rifle to shoot into something smaller than a baseball sized group, but rifle, sights, rest, skill, pellet, etc - all variables.
Glad it worked out for you.
I may be making a deal for a BT65 in .25 and this is good to know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:45 pm 

Daryl wrote:
That is interesting - sounds to me as if it was/is the crown after all and the air stripper alleviates the problem, somewhat. I would expect that rifle to shoot into something smaller than a baseball sized group, but rifle, sights, rest, skill, pellet, etc - all variables.
Glad it worked out for you.
I may be making a deal for a BT65 in .25 and this is good to know.

THAT bt65 is wicked accurate as is! Really shoots Benji domes well, seems to have a great barrel on that rifle!!!!!!!

Walter....