Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: TX200 for HFT
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 pm 

I bought the TX200 mark III in September last year. At the time it was shooting 950-1000fps with a JSB exact. 8.44gr. I wanted to shoot 12fp, so I did not buy any kits or anything. A friend of mine helped me to cut the spring a little by little, until it was shooting in the mid 790 fps. It is easy to cock now, and it is darn accurate. Like I have told everyone, I don't like the gun anymore. . . . I love the gun ever since. Wayne said he drained the oil that is in the spring's housing, apparently it acts like a hydrolic to gain those fast speeds.

Enjoy

Biagio:-))))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:23 am 

Biagio26 wrote:
Wayne said he drained the oil that is in the spring's housing, apparently it acts like a hydrolic to gain those fast speeds.

The spring floats in the compression chamber, with a guide rod going through it on one end and the piston sliding over the other.

Not sure who told you this, but it makes no sense, there is no "oil" acting as hydraulic fluid. First off the air travels through the compression chamber and out the barrel, so if there was oil in your chamber it would shoot out every where. Second, what is powering this supposed Hyrdraulic? you would need some sort of actuation and not to mention it would have to be completely sealed.

The guides built into the piston assist these guns as there isn't the metal to metal contact found in essentially all spring guns available except the TX and Pro Sport. There are some very, very high end end guns that use different systems, but to get a piston system in a HW like you get in the AA you are looking at a $350-$430 upgrade via V-Mach
http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:29 am 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Biagio26 wrote:
Wayne said he drained the oil that is in the spring's housing, apparently it acts like a hydrolic to gain those fast speeds.

The spring floats in the compression chamber, with a guide rod going through it on one end and the piston sliding over the other.

Not sure who told you this, but it makes no sense, there is no "oil" acting as hydraulic fluid. First off the air travels through the compression chamber and out the barrel, so if there was oil in your chamber it would shoot out every where. Second, what is powering this supposed Hyrdraulic? you would need some sort of actuation and not to mention it would have to be completely sealed.

The guides built into the piston assist these guns as there isn't the metal to metal contact found in essentially all spring guns available except the TX and Pro Sport. There are some very, very high end end guns that use different systems, but to get a piston system in a HW like you get in the AA you are looking at a $350-$430 upgrade via V-Mach
http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

This one works well, they have Diana pistons too..http://target-tune.in/international/pro ... -HW97.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:59 am 

kelly1 wrote:
This one works well, they have Diana pistons too..http://target-tune.in/international/pro ... -HW97.html

Looks nice, I have always thought V-mach to be overpriced, nice stuff don't get me wrong, but still...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:03 am 

I hear you,450 + tax + ship vs the cost of a gun...kelly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:27 pm 

[quote="jgoodz420 There are some very, very high end end guns that use different systems, but to get a piston system in a HW like you get in the AA you are looking at a $350-$430 upgrade via V-Mach
http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/[/quote]

You can go a stage further than that as shown Venom in 1994, they later came out with the UltraGlide!