Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:49 pm 

Hi folks, I am new to the PCP and I just get my first baby Hatsan 44-10 from a friend. I am very satisfied and I didn't use the gun for a 2 months. It was about 150 pressure when I left it.

Today, I shoot 3 times and I was notice some weak power, On the 3rd shoot i just hear :ssssssss very short ssssss. I look at the manometer at the front and it was on 0.

Hm, I try to feel and from the first air flow I started to hear again:sssssss. And I saw a air leaking in the position: just behind "gold ring" on the pressure cylinder in the middle of the cylinder and under and in front of magazine..I will upload picture and the leaking place is marked with red O.

Please, anyone can help me to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance folks. I am very sad now

Attachments:
leaking place.jpg
leaking place.jpg [ 91.24 KiB | Viewed 1152 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:58 pm 

Unthread the air cylinder from the gun and see if the valve is stuck in the open position

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:28 pm 

I did separate air cylinder from the gun but I don't know, to be honest, how to check that valve? How it should be in normal position and how when it is stuck position?

The valve is on the cylinder or gun?

Sorry for these questions but I am really a new to this PCP.

Thanks for your patience

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:26 pm 

arvin wrote:
I did separate air cylinder from the gun but I don't know, to be honest, how to check that valve? How it should be in normal position and how when it is stuck position?

The valve is on the cylinder or gun?

Sorry for these questions but I am really a new to this PCP.

Thanks for your patience

remove cylinder and fill it.

Check for leaks around the brass end audible first then use soapy water to confirm.

You likely shot the gun with too little air in it so the valve opened and would not shut so all air goes out the barrel.
Once empty you should cock the hammer to relieve hammer spring tension on the valve.
Only shoot to 100 Bar and refill. Check and top up before every shooting session.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:49 pm 

Yea. Like Walter said. My Pneuma aka. AT44 completely empties when I get down to 700 or 800 lbs pressure. It,s a real pain to get it filled from empty, unless you have a scuba tank. You have to pump real fast for a while.Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:00 am 

Ok, friends, I will check around the bras ring today but still I wonder how the air leaks between cylinder and barrel?

Still don't know next:

1. if the valve is in that brass ring or the valve is right on the place between cylinder and barrel , on the place where it leaks?

2. And how to put back valve in right - closed position? To pump very fast even if it leaks?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:20 am 

Just do what Voltar wrote...
http://www.neks.com.ua/instr/shema_hatsanAT44_10.pdf
Look at exploded view...
With the Tube separated from the Rifle and in you Hand...See if the tube assembly is leaking between PART "317" and PART "309"..If it is not...then it may be the valve not seated as "Members" have wrote...
The Valve is PART "312"..that is inside the Tube Assembly.
I had that problem once and had to hook up the Scuba tank and turn it "Full-On" to get the valve to seat.
You can remove the valve by unscrewing PART "317" from Tube PART "309", Then remove PART "310" by prying with a "Good Knife" , when that is off, there is a spring and then the valve.

Good Luck...

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:43 am 

Ok, I did as you told. I separated cylinder from the gun. There is a leak on the holes on the part 317. Needle which is in the part 317, is inside, not outside( I can not push the needle with the finger) like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0A8qRLa1dU

That is the problem, and you were right. There was a low pressure when I was shooting and the valve ( I mean that "needle" in part 317) is inside. (I can see it, its just a couple of milimeters below the surface of part 317)

The solution is to restore it in right position?
Since I don't have scuba tank, question is: can I attach the pipe from the pump to the air compressor for painting like this one http://www.google.rs/imgres?imgurl=http ... CDsQ9QEwAA

just to adjust the screw to it can fit on the compresor?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:17 am 

If you got the "Shop Compressor" connected to the fill Probe and try with at 100psi or more, dumping into the tube..
It might work.
Nothing tried, nothing gained.
If that does not work, you might have to remove PART "317" from "309".
To remove"317"..hold "309" in your hand and with a wrench on "317" (there are cut out for a wrench)
Turn Counter clockwise until, separated. then try to insert through the hole of "310" a drill-bit shaft and push to get valve end protruding through "317", you can tape it to stay.
Then re-install "317" back into "309" and try to inflate..
Should work...
Good Luck.

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:37 pm 

Before you get into taking anything apart get the tank filled and test for leaks first! Then you can determine where the leak is...a shop compressor of 100-140 PSI probably won't work. You can always get a new tank from Dan as a spare....KEN.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:45 pm 

2240 nailed it!

You need to remove the valve body from the tube. Push the valve stem back out to protrude as it should approximately 3mm
push on stem to confirm the spring has enough strength to return it closed. There is an oring on the stem that may be sticky as well.

Once the valve is free to move you can reassemble to tube and fill it up.

Walter....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:41 pm 

If you have some SILICONE spray, a little into the holes might make the tiny O-ring slide easier to make a seal to get it started for filling. Be sure never to use oil based lubricant,s.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:12 am 

guys, thanks a lot for a help. I have SILICONE spray, I sprayed on O rings but with hand pump I get out of breath for I one minute hehe, no chance to pump the tube that wy.

I will have to take pipe from the hand pump to the some workshop in order to get some converter to connect the compressor with the pipe from hand pump.

Then will try to inflate.

Also , if that doesn't work, will try to separate that brass part from tube and try to push the valve as you told me.

If that does not work, I can buy only brass part, not whole tube, right? @Ken, where I can have spare parts, any link, please?

Will let you all how is it going..thanks a lot, once again, for so much help.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:47 am 

Stop! Take the brass off the tube and correct the valve stem as suggested.
Then again, do whatever you like......

arvin wrote:
guys, thanks a lot for a help. I have SILICONE spray, I sprayed on O rings but with hand pump I get out of breath for I one minute hehe, no chance to pump the tube that wy.

I will have to take pipe from the hand pump to the some workshop in order to get some converter to connect the compressor with the pipe from hand pump.

Then will try to inflate.

Also , if that doesn't work, will try to separate that brass part from tube and try to push the valve as you told me.

If that does not work, I can buy only brass part, not whole tube, right? @Ken, where I can have spare parts, any link, please?

Will let you all how is it going..thanks a lot, once again, for so much help.