Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:05 pm 

Hello all, I am trying to (finally) fix my old Crosman 766 (phase II) that I bought back when I was a lad. I let someone borrow it back in 1985 or so, and when I got it back a couple years later it didn't work (wouldn't take air). I've kept it all these years figuring I would fix it some day, and, well, that's what I'm trying to do now.

Upon disassembly I discovered that the entire valve assembly is missing, which is rather puzzling, but everything else seems to be working just fine.

I have looked around for the valve (part 766A114), but despite finding rebuild kits, I haven't been able to locate one.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find one these valve assemblies?

Alternately, I did find a valve assembly from the Crosmann 2100 (part 2200K021), but despite the pump tube appearing to be the same diameter in both the 766 and 2100 (they both use the same pump cup - part 760-140), I have been told that they are not interchangeable. I also found the valve assembly for a Crosman 760B (part 760A101), which also appears to use the same diameter pump tube (same pump cup).

Does anyone know if it would be possible to modify either of these valve assemblies from a 2100/760B to work on a 766? I have some metalworking ability, but no lathe or mill.

Thanks for any suggestions on this, I would really like to get this rifle going again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:02 pm 

The 2100 is the 766 with minor changes. If you have your PAL, then you can order part # 2200K021, this is the full power US valve. It will fit the 766. If no PAL, order 7100B010. This is the Canadian valve, with bleed hole. They are probably both aluminum rather than brass. Hope this helps.

Bart

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:20 pm 

Hi Bart, thanks for the info, that is great news to me. I'm down here in the states, so I can skirt by the PAL requirement.

BTW, I just realized that the part I mentioned (2200K021) is actually for the 2100B; hopefully that won't make a difference (the earlier 2100 uses the 2200H021 valve assembly).