Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

buy the 953 with scope for $60?
what are you waiting for? buy it now! 81%  81%  [ 22 ]
dont waste your money, its junk. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
look at my comment and buy something else. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
stay away from the 953. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
meh. i dont care... 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:22 am 

RWS Hobby here.

Crosman 2260/40 Custom
Crosman 2240 Custom
Slavia 630 #77
Winchester 1911 by Daisy
Daisy 953 Target Pro
Marlin 60

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:23 am 

Ace wrote:
I mentioned it in the post Grizzly 8.6gr round nose, there all i have a the moment in .177 till my next trip to Le Barons i got them at prices auto and i must say for cheap pellets there doing a decent job, pack of 500 for $6 cant go wrong. :wink:

Call before you head to Lebarons.I was there 2 weeks ago and they hardly had any pellets left.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:33 am 

K thanks, i still have quite a few Grizzly's left so i should be good for a while :lol:
but definitely going to PA and getting more Grizzly pellets when I'm out. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:43 am 

Hey Ace,Which pa do you go to ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:09 pm 

Dixie Rd, Mississauga, got a friend that works there, get 15% off 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:26 pm 

I just spent some time sighting in 2 new guns...Ruger Blackhawk and the Daisy powerline 953 targetpro......it may be my perception and perhaps having to do with the weights of the guns but...shooting from the bench off a forebag I would swear the daisy hits harder than the ruger. And it took only 5 rounds to sight and the ruger I had to keep at it and finally take the dail off, pry up the rear sight to finally get enough spring in it to sight up far enough..once it was raised though is was great.
I was at almost 30 feet since that was all I can get inside here.
The diasy was also way easier to shoot standing freehand of course do to the wieght...I also really like the long for stock once I decided to actaully reach out that far...duh....duh. I think it will be an inside iron sight gun and I will scope the ruger and try it longer outside when the sun comes out.

Not a very techincal review but...2 thumbs and 3 twenties way up!! thanks Ace for pointing this deal out to me.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:55 pm 

got a mix pack of RWS from princess today, 100 count of each, 500 all together, the 953 seems to like the pointed tip and hallow point the best, not sure what the main difference will be in the field. i have manged to get the scope down to a pretty tight zero at 35 meters. not sure at what distance i should set the cross hair so far 35 meters seems to be pretty good.

and now, we shall wait for the rain to stop and take care of them dang birds.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:52 pm 

I decided to buy one for my sons future, since the price was right.

First thing I noticed this is a youth rifle with very little metal used.

The stock scope rings are just to high for a youths gun, so I stole the scope and rings off of my rim fires. The stock scope had very poor optics so I was happy using my old bushnell scope!

It chronied around 465 fps with JSB 7.9 pellets and would hit 485 with a second pump.

I removed the front sight/muzzeld break which lightened the gun a lot, kids and beginners appreciate lighter guns.

I would have been pissed if I paid $120-130 for this rifle

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:54 pm 

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:42 pm 

The Daisy 953 is indeed a youth rifle. And as a very inexpensive one it does not boast a lot of real metal. I would not pump it more than once if you want to keep using the rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:56 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
The Daisy 953 is indeed a youth rifle. And as a very inexpensive one it does not boast a lot of real metal. I would not pump it more than once if you want to keep using the rifle.

Yup, that's why their called single stroke pneumatics. I don't get why people always want more fps from these guns. They are designed for accuracy at 10m.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:20 pm 

Thanks for the heads up guys!

This will be a great rifle for my kids and my friends kids, to teach technique and safety.

It's also nice to know that the rifle is made in USA, but the scope is Chinese.

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:27 pm 

Are all the daisy rifles of this style, youth rifles? I've always had my eye on the avanti but I could never figure if they were an adult version or not.

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:28 pm 

Knappr wrote:
I decided to buy one for my sons future, since the price was right.

First thing I noticed this is a youth rifle with very little metal used.

The stock scope rings are just to high for a youths gun, so I stole the scope and rings off of my rim fires. The stock scope had very poor optics so I was happy using my old bushnell scope!

It chronied around 465 fps with JSB 7.9 pellets and would hit 485 with a second pump.

I removed the front sight/muzzeld break which lightened the gun a lot, kids and beginners appreciate lighter guns.

I would have been pissed if I paid $120-130 for this rifle

Really I have seen worse rifles than this that go for more than $150 just saying. :|
I'm a little confused of your point, you paid $60 for it did you think you where getting a $500 gun. :?
"youth riffle" I'd say its on the borderline of youth rifle I have a Slavia 618 now that's a youth riffle.
the 953 shoots smooth and is pretty accurate mine is anyways, :D I have quite a few rifles in my collection and to get a new gun for $60 this is a steal in my opinion I mean if you buy 6 tines of good pellets your at $60 or more.

I haven't tried the scope yet so I cant comment on It. but I didn't buy the gun for the scope, your not going to get a $100 scope with a $60 gun. :roll: just saying.
regardless of the scope the gun shoots fine with open sites. :D

The only thing is how long will it last before something go's wrong but only time will tell. :wink:

Don't take my reply the wrong way Knappr just giving my opinion. :wink:

P.S. yours looks nice with the barrel break.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 pm 

Knappr that is a pretty sweet looking muzzle brake, is that off a 22?
the front muzzle brake is pretty heavy, and i must admit, i did remove mine too for around 10 shots, but i did notice it was actually making the gun more balanced so i put it back on.

i dont know if i agree with the 10 meter accuracy, i have mine zeroed at 35m and its pretty good. so far i have one confirmed kill with it. the dang birds just wont go away. a clean shot to the head/neck is all it took to move the rest of them away, for the day that is.

if you want a good mod, you can fill the piston with JB weld, that will give you a bit of extra juice as it replaces the low compressions piston with a flat (normal) compression one.

a good little read with pics

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/853seal.htm

not the same gun but its pretty close.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next